Condovac la Costa
Hotel Bosque del Mar Playa Hermosa(Playa Hermosa)(Great Value!)
$115
$112
  • Pool
Hotel ManGaby(Playa Hermosa)(Great Value!)
$88
$84
Hermosa Heights Villas(Playa Hermosa)(Great Value!)
$139
$166
$151
Bookit.com
$69
$67
Hotel & Villas Huetares(Playa Hermosa)(Great Value!)
$84
Villa del Sueno(Playa Hermosa)(Great Value!)
$77
  • Pool
Villa Acacia(Playa Hermosa)(Great Value!)
$120
$80
Orbitz.com
Hotel El Velero(Playa Hermosa)(Great Value!)
$89
Vida Hermosa(Playa Hermosa)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmardigi toursinfinity poolherson segurasteep hillthrough rcizip lininghowler monkeyspartial kitchenmini martpura vidarainy seasonrenovated roomtoaster ovenliving areapots and pansmain gateour tour guide
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

The staff at condovac la costa are very nice and friendly. Shuttle golf cart always available, drivers also nice.
Mardigi tours on the premise were excellent. Diana very good, tour guide Mark was great, shuttle service to/from airport excellent by mardigi tours. They made a stop at grocery store on way to hotel from airport which was an excellent service!!!
But the property is rundown... Mattress was stained, had blood stain on my pillow case..not changed, bedspreads old, furniture old, cleaning service spotty..not enough towels left.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank SueSF55
CondovacLaCosta, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Condovac la Costa, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have faced during your stay.
We're always looking forward to improving our services, hence, we really appreciate your review.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

I have to first say the staff was wonderful, accommodating and super nice. They were always helpful whenever we needed something and could usually answer any touristy type of questions. There's wifi pretty much everywhere around the hotel grounds, which was helpful. There's a little convenience store on site as well which is stocked with some essentials, including mini pizzas which my wife and I made one night. Nice gym with free weights, cardio equipment and they also offer some stretching and yoga classes as well. There's usually some sort of entertainment at night like fire baton dancing and aerobics which was pretty cool. The infinity pool was amazing and it was nice to grab a drink and relax and overlook the Pacific ocean while the sun sets. We ended up doing the canopy tour/zip line on the grounds vs. doing it in the cloud forest tour. Much, much cheaper. Marvin and Louis (I believe) were super friendly and hysterical.
Mardigi Tours is on site (not associated with the hotel) and they will book all the tours. When you walk towards the beach at the bottom of the steep hill (right where the road ends and beach begins), there's usually guys trying to sell you tours (super annoying when you're trying to have a moment with your wife). Sometimes they sell tours for cheaper, but be careful and do your due diligence and make sure they're legit. I heard from other travelers they were duped and the tour wasn't booked. One guy who has his main "office" in Playa de Coco is legit, but I can't remember his name.
One last thing, the hotel is aged a little and it's not new by any means. We didn't mind it and everything in our room was great including the bed, which was incredibly comfortable. If you can overlook that and mingle with the rest of the guests and staff, I think you'll have a great time.

Room Tip: A room closest to the road. If you plan on going out beyond the hotel grounds a lot or heading to the pool, I'd recommend getting a lower numbered room. There's a really steep hill and depending on your health level, you may not want to walk that hill a lot. TRUST ME!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank James N

We're glad to read that you enjoyed your stay in Condovac.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We stayed for a week with 3 friends beginning May 10th. Location is b\great, room# 405 had a fantastic view and grounds were wonderfully kept. The room was outdated but very clean and front office staff was friendly. We couldn’t ask for better weather.

This vacation could have been a great one, except for the air conditioning. The first night it did not cool, called maintenance, thought it was fixed. Next night it leaked, third and fourth night it rattled. Each night maintenance person came to repair it. We kept asking to be moved but each time they stated that the resort was full. Although it never looked like all units were occupied. Bad thing is that many times we came in late from exploring the area or on an excursion then having to deal with the lack of air conditioning. Most nights I did not sleep. We finally insisted to speak to the manager. He/she never arrived but they moved us to a room that had working air conditioner. One night the toilet overflowed and the bathroom was a mess and there was mold on the celing. Another night we arrived to find the a/c had leaked so bad that there was a big puddle on the floor and it dripped and dripped all night long.

The food at the restaurant was horrible. Thank goodness we found a great restaurant down the beach called Robertos’ and one night even splurged by staying a night there so we could finally get a decent night sleep.

It’s too bad that this property does not keep up the rooms or update them. The property is so beautiful and the landscaping is gorgeous. I know the manager will insist he never knew about our problem with the ac unit, but after 5 days, shame on him not to know.

Room Tip: rooms on the 4th level have best views.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank chrissy022_2014

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have faced during your stay.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I see a lot of reviews for this site and sometimes I wonder where people stayed. Our criteria for a hotel is very simple: Clean room and friendly staff. This hotel had both. Our room was cleaned daily, the common areas and the pool were always clean. The staff was friendly if you spoke Spanish or English. The hotel is on a steep mountain, but the car service ran often and the drivers took us anywhere on the property. The beach area was well kept, you deal with time share people, but the beach is public, so that happens everywhere. If you are looking for some sort of palatial estate, this is not for you. If you are looking for a great place to relax and enjoy Costa Rica. This the place for you. PS if you want some snacks when you are drinking, order the fried pork ribs or the

Room Tip: Chose a room that was updated, but they are all very good shape.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Steve M
CondovacLaCosta, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Condovac la Costa, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

We really appreciate your review!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Why do I give a 5 to this hotel? I have traveled to many places in the world in my life, (Hawaii, USA, Mexico, the Caribbean, Panama, Colombia, Ireland, etc.) enjoy Cruises and much, much more. As a tourist, and as a travel agent I have the opportunity to see 5 stars hotel in their structures, but with a service 1 or 2 stars service and vice versa.
I'm picky and critical, but not ridiculous and is so I understand when is the hotels fault, nature or just customers mood swings.
Although it is correct that Condovac rooms are old, and are not 100% up to date to 2014 looks, take into account that we are talking about a place that has maybe 30-40 years, but they have keep it very well up to today. Now for the few of you that have not been there recently. Just FYI They have upgraded a lot of their units and rooms. (If that is so important for you) Personally when it comes to the room. I'm looking for the room to be 100% clean, well painted, for everything to work, especially the AC, bathroom and TV, and for the bed and towel to smell good. Since I probably will only spend max of 25 -30 % of my vacation in there and so far Condovac has not disappointed me there.
But as I wrote on my title, " The important part of a vacation" if you really think about it,... is the service, entertainment, environment, food, people that you have to share your space, even if you do not know them and finally price. On this Condovac gets a 5 for me.
Service: they will walk not 1 but 2 miles to help you.
Entertainment: Let me put it this way, people from Villa del sol and other hotels, pay to get in and enjoy Condovac night events.
Food: Everything I ate was delicious and fresh.
Other guest: Condovac it didn’t start as a time share, Condovac for many year was a Club, a High class (political etc.) getaway club; and is till is today. So since it still is, they are force by their partner to keep desert level and standards in their property. I think that says it all.
Price: and by what I said in my previous point, don't you think the price is not so bad, after all? Go, try it out , you will enjoy it, but do remember you are not going to a brand new 2014 building, or a Four Season or Ritz in Paris, but you will have a great vacation for sure, with wonderful customer service, and the hotel and the people of that country will do their best to make you feel welcome and happy. Plus don’t forget the gorgeous view and relaxation you will have. Don’t believe me? Just look at the pictures.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
7  Thank mudi27

We're glad to read that you had a great time during your stay in Condovac.