Condovac la Costa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Villa Acacia(Playa Hermosa)
Hotel ManGaby(Playa Hermosa)
View Hotel
Hotel El Velero(Playa Hermosa)
View Hotel
Villa del Sueno(Playa Hermosa)
  • Pool
Costa Smeralda(Gulf of Papagayo)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsmardigi toursinfinity poolherson segurasteep hillthrough rcizip lininghowler monkeyspartial kitchenmini martpura vidarainy seasonrenovated roomtoaster ovenliving areapots and pansmain gateour tour guide
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 18, 2013

This resort was probably a very nice resort when it was new. Currently it's in need of renovation. But that being said, it is still a decent resort. Check in was a nightmare - for everyone. My reservation was lost and it was very time consuming to get checked in. This appeared to be a common problem. The grounds are very nice and the view is beautiful. There is no service by the pool, so be prepared to beg for food or drinks - even though there is a restaurant right there. The food is pretty good. The pools are nice, but in need of sprucing up. It is very far and steep to walk between rooms, pool, and beach. They offer a shuttle to help. The beach is a beautiful, soft, black sand beach. The zip lining at the resort was very reasonable and convenient. The best thing about the resort was Mardigi tours. Their services was outstanding. It was the best service I've ever had, anywhere. I wouldn't book a tour with anyone else. They also provided transportation to and from the airport. They were the best!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Keiran1988
Condovac L, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Condovac la Costa, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered during check-in.
We are currently working on the renovation of the resort and we are always looking forward to improve our services, so we really appreciate your comments.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

The unit we were in was very outdated and disappointing. The area is beautiful, but I certainly would ask for a newer unit if I go there again. The furnishings are minimal...no salt, pepper, sugar, hair dryer, etc. like many resorts supply. And, if you don't have a car you will have to use a taxi to get anywhere.
With that said, we found Mardigi Tours (onsite at the resort) to provide wonderful, fun tours, with knowledgeable guides. I would highly recommend them. We had a lot of fun on the three tours that we took with them.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 300's are antiquated...ask for a newer room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Konchella
Condovac L, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Condovac la Costa, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Thank you very much for your review.
We really apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay in Condovac.
We're always looking forward to improve our services, so we really appreciate your opinion.
Hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

The resort LOCATION is great. The pool, the restaurant, little grocery store and the beach wear store are great.The grounds and landscaping are great and nicely kept. However...my friend and I went there on an exchange from her timeshare through RCI. Our room was TERRIBLE. The place was grimy, dirty and in need of a total renovation. Everything - the beds, the futon, the dresser, the kitchen cabinets - were old and crappy. There was a family/kitchen room, bathroom, vanity and bedroom so it WAS spacious. But the entire place either needs a deep cleaning or it needs to be gutted and everything replaced.

I cannot understand why RCI would give this resort a Silver Crown rating! There were dust bunnies, sticky grime on the cabinets, smears on the walls. FYI, there was a 2.5" cockroach in the bathroom which I'll bet came up through the drain in the floor. (I don't mean the shower drain.) I know they are hard to control.

The utensils looked like they had been stamped out of sheet metal - like prison spoons and forks. Tiles were chipped, and generally this place is a dump. Usually there is a little "welcome basket" with small salt/pepper, sugar, coffee, etc. There was n o t h i n g. There were plenty of towels and they were clean. The sheets were clean as far as I could tell. Yes, it is a walk downhill to the beach which is good. We asked for a change of room, but were told my friend's timeshare did not qualify for an upgrade.

The staff was nice enough. They do speak english and they are very patient if you are a beginner with spanish. At the end of your stay, you must have the maid come to your room and you must give an accounting for every single item in the unit. (As if I would WANT to steal something.) You cannot make an appointment for this event and it must be done as soon as you are ready to vacate the unit. So think ahead when you are checking out. Overall, I do not recommend this place unless you can ensure you "qualify" for one of the newer, nicer rooms. (I don't mean luxurious. Just clean and pleasant.) Thanks for reading.

Room Tip: Ensure you can get one of the newer, nicer rooms. Otherwise, you'll be disappointed.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Rhonda S
Reviewed December 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Condovac in November for 7 days. We were a little skeptical after reading some of the reviews, but we were pleasantly surprised.

We travel a lot, and this place had some of the best views and pool we have ever seen at a resort.
The front desk staff and housekeeping were very pleasant and helped in any way they could. Our room was ready well before the 4:00 check-in time. The rooms were nice, clean and the A/C worked great!
The food at the restaurant was fairly good but kind of expensive - we paid $30 for a pizza! But, the breakfast was very good and decently priced.
I recommend walking down the beach and eating at Roberto's or El Velero. Both are excellent and right on the beach. The prices are great too - especially if you go on their Buy One Get One Free night!
The resort is on a steep cliff but that is what gives it the amazing views! The shuttle runs all of the time and the shuttle drive goes out of his way to accommodate everyone.
We met some lifetime friends on this trip - the people are so warm and friendly. It is also very safe to get out and walk around.

We read great reviews about a personal driver/concierge and booked with him before we got there. His name is Herson and is on the beach almost everyday. He does personal tours for about the same price as the big tour groups. he also picked us up from the airport and took us to the grocery store before we checked in. He speaks perfect English and is a local, so he showed lots of little cool things about Costa Rica. He drove us all the way to Arenal to check into our next hotel for a very low price. His email is Herson03@yahoo.com.

I would highly recommend this resort. Don't let some of the poor reviews scare you - its not 5 stars, but it is everything you need plus more.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Thischickrocks
Condovac L, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Condovac la Costa, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

We appreciate your review, your opinion is very important for us.
We're glad to read that you had a great time while staying in Condovac.
We hope you visit us again in the future.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Just returned from our trip and loved the location of the resort. The front desk staff could have been friendlier and actually let us know we had two floors with ocean view! Overall I would recommend without high expectations.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Condovac L, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Condovac la Costa, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

We really appreciate your review, as we are always looking to improve our services.
We hope you visit us again soon.
Regards,
Club y Hotel Condovac La Costa.