“I think I was in paradise.”
Review of Rock Beach Bar - CLOSED

Rock Beach Bar
Dining options: Late Night
Description: This restaurant is definitely closed since end of october 2013.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The beach bar fit my image of the perfect place that I had imagined in my dreams. Cold beers, hot weather, cool tunes, locals and expats hanging out with the sound of the waves breaking on the beach. Paradise.

We needed Wi-fi 'cause the stupid hotel where we were staying didn't have it. So out came my laptop and a waitress gave us the password. As I was booting up, the German owner (Reinhart?) came over to make sure I was able to log in. No problemo. We chatted a bit and he's super friendly.

I wish I was still there....

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Who'd think you could get a good bratwurst in Costa Rica! Almost as good as what I've had in Germany. The restaurant was purchased last year by Reinhardt, who is from Germany, by way of Madrid, Spain.
BTW, the other food was good too, as was the food, and the view, etc.
We visited with Reinhardt about our experiences in Costa Rica to date, and he had some great recommendations for us, including a secluded waterfall not far from Liberia. He showed us photos on his laptop, and gave us directions. My only regret is that we didn't get a chance to thank him for this tip later.

RockBeachBar, Owner at Rock Beach Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you very much for your opinion.
I''m glad to hear that you had a great day at the waterfalls.
Hope to see you back someday here in Costa Rica.
¡Pura Vida!
Rainer

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Located on the beach next to Condova La Costa resort. You can find it by listening for the reggae music being played on the stereo. Drinks and appetizers were absolutely delicious, well-made and reasonably priced. Nachos and margaritas were my favorite. Rinehart (sp), the new owner, introduced himself, was charming and welcoming. The view, of course, was absolutely breathtaking.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

This was a decent place to stop and get a small meal. The meal was great but the beer was warm to begin with.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I vacationed in Playa Hermosa for two weeks in December. The staff, Dona, Marinella, Ruth, and Luise were fabulous. Marinella is the cook and the food was delicious. We had Lobster, Red Snapper, Cerviche and of course lots of Imperial! Thank you for this little hidden gem!

The owner also offers Seadoo rentals and a tour of the surrounding beaches. Marcell was our guide and the adventure was delightful! Love Monkey Head Rock....
See you next year!