“Highlight of our trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Plus Papagayo Tours and Transfers

Plus Papagayo Tours and Transfers
More attraction details
Owner description: Plus Papagayo Tours and Transfers was founded with the goal of providing all tour packages in Costa Rica, Nicaragua and Central America, we specialize in tour guides to Nicaragua we are pioneers in this colonial tour to Nicaragua.
Vancouver, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Highlight of our trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

We enjoyed the tour to Nicaragua. To the city of Granada visited the colonila church of LaMerced. It is worth the climb to the top of the bell tower to see the city . The boat tour of Lake Nicaragua was a great part of the tour to see the houses of the rich and to see the monkeys on the little island. The crater of Masaya volcano was interesting not recommended for people with asthma, once in a lifetime view. The market was alot of fun it you get a personal shopper they are a great help to negotiate for you if you have limited or no spanish. I tipped well as they don't make much money there and work hard for you. This tour was the best part of our trip to costa rica. wear good walking shoes, they supply water, breakfast and lunch we got back late so if you need a snacks bring some. they do stop at the washrooms, the ones at the border you have to pay for so don't be surprised. the tour guide was alot of fun and very knowledgeable. It was a good trip overall, worth the money.

Visited October 2011
3 Thank SBH1963

Sacramento, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I had a great experience with Plus Tours Papagayo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

I had the pleasure of taking a tour with Plus Papagayo to Nicaragua. I do have to say it was overall, a great experience. The tour was very organized, the guide was terrific, the driver of the van as well.
What was best was getting to and from Costa Rica and Nicaragua at the frontera. Sometimes that can be a headache, but Papagayo tours made that so easy. They took care of everything.
We had our day all planned out, which was great. We got to see all of the main attractions, had a great lunch. What was nice is that is was a smaller group of people, I think 12, maybe. It is so much better with a smaller group to enjoy all the sights and getting from place to place. Our guide was very knowledgeable, (I think his name was Carlos, if I remember correctly.)
It was definitely worth the money and I will be taking another trip with them next summer when I return to Costa Rica.
What would be great is if they offered a trip to Nicaragua for 2 nights, that way you could see more of that beautiful country.
I would give this company five stars!!

Visited July 2011