“Tico Tours Rock”

Tico Tours Guanacaste
More attraction details
Owner description: Tico Tours Guanacaste is a Licensed and Insured Tour Company. Our Company aims to provide you with an active experience of the real Costa Rica. We will take you off of the beaten path for a one-of-a-kind, matchless experience unlike those of the standard big coach tours. Tico Tours Guanacaste provides first-class personal attention, superior customer service and unique adventures for an unforgettable experience. It's truly our pleasure to share the natural beauty of Costa Rica through a native's perspective, while maintaining the desired of comfort and quality of service that today's travelers expect and deserve. Our company uses air conditioned, up-to-date vehicles with full insurance coverage. Customer satisfaction is our #1 goal! Tico Tours Guanacaste prides itself on individual attention to client. We will do all in our hands to ensure that your time in Costa Rica is truly memorable.
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We just got back from Playa Hermosa Costa Rica, we used Tico Tours four times within the 11 days that we were there. They are the best tour company we have ever used. They will pick-up at the airport, we went zip line-ing, private sailboat sunset cruise, drop off at airport. Thanks Bernal. We will be back!!!!!

BernalMata, Front Office Manager at Tico Tours Guanacaste, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2015

candy1232013 thank you so much for taking the time to share with all of us your experience with us, we are glad to hear you enjoyed it and most important that we were able to accommodate your requests. We will pass your compliments to Bernal.

There are newer reviews for Tico Tours Guanacaste

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We were happy with our boat trip arranged by Tico Tours. We were picked up at our hotel, taken on a comfortable boat ride, saw tons of herons and crocodiles and iguana and other birds, and also saw monkeys by the roadside. The guide was knowledgable and pleasant, and the boat captain was clever in using a mirror to flash sunlight on the birds who otherwise might have been hard to see. We were served fruit for breakfast, and a delicious typical lunch. I would highly recommend the Palo Verde Jungle Tour.

I also was pleased with the experience of booking the tour. I arranged it by email a few months in advance, and both Bernal and his wife Lillian were very responsive by email, answering questions and helping arrange the right trip for us. Because there were only 2 of us, it was hard, at first, to get a booking for the jungle tour since both Tico Tours and another company wanted a minimum of 4 people. The other guide (my first choice because expert birder) was unable to make any exception. Tico Tours must have decided at some point to offer us the $100 per person price, despite only two people, gambling (correctly) they could add on someone who chose the trip at last minute. They were politely persistent, sending us emails once every 3 weeks or so to see if we wanted to go on the tour.....and eventually I decided it was the best deal I could get. And I was very happy I did, it was a great trip.

In the end, a family of 6 booked the same tour with us, so it was 8 of us in the mini-van,and 8 of us in the boat. Which made for a nice group touring down the river. Our guide had us eat breakfast quickly so we could get a nice boat for 8 before the tour bus with another 20-30 people showed up. I was very happy with the whole thing, and would use Tico Tours again in an instant. Oh, the family of 6 had arranged to go to Guartil to see pottery after the boat trip, so we got that added onto our trip, (no additional cost to us), so we ended up with an 8-hour rather than a 6-hour excursion.

1  Thank Julia I
BernalMata, General Manager at Tico Tours Guanacaste, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2015

Dear Julia I, I can't thank you enough for your words, thanks for bringing out my name and Bernals. In Tico Tours Guanacaste we understand you are on vacation and from the moment you arrive at our country until the moment you departure our main goal is to make you feel in home, safety and put you a big smile :) . We are deeply grateful to know our goal is being achieved in the jungle tour you book with us. Liliana Gonzales

Reviewed January 30, 2014

We went to visit Nicaragua with Luis for a day. Met the guide Eduardo in Nicaragua. The tour was very pleasant and informative. Luis took good care of us at the road and at the border, helping us with the papers. We visited Lake Nicaragua, had a boat tour, went to Masai volcano and Granada. The second tour was a boat tour through the National park with Juan Carlos and Luis. We watched crocodiles, monkeys and a lot of birds. Very nice tours, pleasant people and good service.

2  Thank Ulis53
BernalMata, Owner at Tico Tours Guanacaste, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2015

Ulis53 Thank you so much for taking the time to share with all of us your experience in Nicaragua, we are glad to hear you enjoyed it and most important that we were able to accommodate your request. We will pass your compliments to Luis and Eduardo. Thank you so much for your review. Bernal Mata

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Bernal is wonderful to deal with and organizes specifics within his tours to accommodate your exact wishes. The tours are excellently co-ordinated and everybody is extremely professional and great at ensuring you obtain the most out of your tour. We thoroughly enjoyed our tour and working with Bernal! Thanks for a great time!

1  Thank Debbie S
BernalMata, Owner at Tico Tours Guanacaste, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2015

Debbie S If I were on vacations and there was something I'd badly want to do I would want some one who arrange everything for me. That's why we work that way, because we try to walk on our friends shoes and understand what they want while they are on vacations. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our company and staff. Thanks a lot for your review. Bernal Mata

Reviewed January 21, 2014

This tour company is professional, reliable, and provides individualized service. We spent 4 separate days touring with them, on private excursions for just our family. The owner worked with us to assemble a selection of activities that was tailored to our family. Diego was our guide for most of the time and was fabulous. He showed us around his country and enabled us to see things we didnt even know beforehand to ask about. We were able to forget about everything but enjoying ourselves because he handled all the messy details like getting us to the right places at the right times, making sure we ate when we needed to, had access to bathrooms, and gave us the perspective that only someone who lived there could provide. When one of our kids got sick, he found medicine for him and helped us modify our plans accordingly. He was quite simply the best tour guide I could imagine. We also spent a small amount of time with Marco and JuanCarlos, who were also incredibly helpful, knowledgable and professional. And Luis's driving was impressive on some roads I would NOT want to attempt myself, especially at night in the rain without four wheel drive.

1  Thank Taninger
BernalMata, Owner at Tico Tours Guanacaste, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2015

Taninger I believe that people that have been here already and even Costa Ricans will agree with you, you have to go through some killing roads around here to get to the most beautiful places, Luis is a very good driver, I'll tell my staff about your good comments, it makes them happy to know that people were satisfied with their guidance. We highly appreciate reviews like yours Thank you very much. Bernal Mata