“Delicious, romantic, food and live musical entertainment”
Review of los suenos

los suenos
Ranked #10 of 27 Restaurants in Playa Hermosa
Cuisines: Central American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Hoboken, New Jersey, United States
“Delicious, romantic, food and live musical entertainment”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This restaurant came highly recommended and now I know why. When I walked down the hill towards the entrance from the road, I was greeted by beautiful, lush, grounds decorated in white lights with a lovely, welcoming glow. Once at restaurant, Leo promptly guided me to my reserved table (reservations recommended) and the food, service, ambiance, and live music were all excellent! Dinner entrees included steak, shrimp, fish, chicken with an Italian flair. I would definitley return to this restaurant!

Visited February 2013

Lutsen, Minnesota, United States
“Tasty!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Los Suenos was a real treat for our family. The setting is delightful: calming and relaxed. We did not catch a night with music and I'm sure that would be wonderful. We had zunchinni torte appetizer that was very good. Hiaro (sp?) was our server - great guy, very mellow and attentive. Don't miss a meal here.

• Visited February 2013
Montreal, Canada
“relaxing evening”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Lovely garden, very discreet, efficient and professional service, food was very good and fresh. Relax and intimate.

• Visited January 2013
New York City, New York
“Restaurant is a must visit”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

My food experience in Costa Rica generally met my subdued expectations. A couple of restaurants did manage to surprise me with delight! And Los Suenos was one of them. Service was attentive and the milieu was very pretty. I travelled solo, but this would have been an excellent choice for a romantic meal. For restaurants, of course, the food is the most important. I had two appetizers, and one main, with no dessert. They were all very delicious. What gives me confidence in my ranking, however, is the fact that the pasta was perfect. It was tasty, presented perfectly el dente, and still hot. Most restaurants in major western cities still can't get that right. I would definitely repeat again.

On a separate note, I did not stay at this hotel but did tour the rooms for future reference. The rooms are just OK at best, and I did not find the pricing to be attractive. As the hotel is set back from the beach, my personal view is that the lodging is not nearly as compelling as the restaurant, or lodging accommodations in the area. But again, I did not stay here overnight so please take that comment under advisement.

Visited December 2012
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
“Review”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The setting, location and natural surroundings were great, but we hiked to this location one night-music playing, not a soul anywhere in sight and went 2 nights later, the tables were set, music playing and was told they only open for breakfast this time of year. Looked nice, too bad, no food....

Visited October 2012