“Simply the Best”

Tico Tours And Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Tico Tours & Adventures was founded by experienced and capable multi-national travelers. We offer knowledge and first-hand experience of the many diverse sites that make Costa Rica so attractive to the discerning traveler. Safety, knowledge and enjoyment are the three main goals we strive to accomplish. Be it for adventure, culture, ecological or leisure travel, Tico Tours & Adventures is your source for travel within Costa Rica. We know where to relax, but we also know where to discover and play!
Covington, Kentucky
“Simply the Best”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Our family took the Borinquen All Day and the ATV beach tours with Tico. Bernal and his staff were simply the best we've ever experienced in touring - enthusiastic, very knowledgeable (spontaneous stops for wildlife, plant life, geology, local items of interest), personable, timely. Bernal and Genaro were our guides and went OUT OF THEIR WAY to make sure everyone in our family had a great time and memories. Tico is simply the BEST!

Visited December 2012

Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Review”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We, my wife and I, had booked with this company for transfer to and from hotel during our stay and we had great service. Not only was Bernal on time, his van wasclean, cool and he was kind enough during our travels to point out several places along the way, its history, wildlife and information. We wound up taking a tour of the River Tempesque and the canopy boat tour with Bernal, including an excellant breakfast and lunch along the way that was top notch. Bernal also took us to a small preserve to play and interact with the monkeys (sorry, dont have the name handy :( ). We had a great time with a great Tico who is now a FB friend as well! Highly recommend.

Visited October 2012
Kingston, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“You couldn't get a better tour company- ANYWHERE”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I'm writing this from my resort in CR just a couple hours after finishing a FANTASTIC trip with Tico Tours. My wife and I spent the day with Marco, and we went on the Barquenel trip experience.

We started by being a half hour late, b/c Tico wasn't allowed to pick up at the hotel lobby, and we forgot that point (which, they do make clear when you book with them; my bad). But Marco stayed and waited for us for a half hour until I got my act together and went to check the main gate.

Marco know CR really well, and on the hour and a half drive to Barquenel, he told us about the vegetation, political system, the economy, the wildlife, and a zillion other things. His knowledge is vast!

We got to Bouinquen, up some really, really steep roads and over the "Oh My GOD!" bridge to a welcome cocktail and got tacked up for a 45 minute horseback ride to the zip lines.
If you're afraid of heights (and I'm really, really afraid of heights) it's a challenge for the first one. There were 10 runs, way high up, and you go FAST.

It was a blast (now that my hands aren't shaking anymore). Then the spa thingy (wifey liked the mud, I loved the sauna) and home.

Marco was with us every step of the way, he showed us the volcanic source at the resort, and told us about the volcano the resort sits on. There were other tourists there, casually ignored by their guides who tagged along and like us, found his knowledge impressive.

Did I mention he's got a sense of humor like you wouldn't believe??

What a great guy, what a great outfit, what a great, GREAT DAY!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Jim M
NY
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Not that hermosa”
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Love the tour of the zip line with Bernard from "Tico tours" who was amazing, i'll recommend this tour to everybody. This guy is amazing, trustworthy and make you feel safe.
I will also recommend the beach hopping

Visited December 2011