“Excellent Day on the Gulf with Mauricio!”

Papagayo Gulf Sport Fishing - North Pacific Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Papagayo Gulf Sport Fishing - North Pacific Tours is a fully licensed and insured fishing company ready to take you out for a full day or half day of fishing. Snorkeling and Surfing to Witches and Ollie's Point is also available. We offer a wide variety of fishing options in the Papagayo Gulf: inshore, offshore, coastal, bottom, casting, fly and spear fishing. If you are looking to save money or prefer not to fish alone, Lisa can arrange a split-charter with other fisherman/woman looking for the same. Captain Daniel has over 40 years of fishing experience and his mate Mauricio, fluent in English, has over 20 years. These guys love to fish and are fishing professionals. We now have a GoPro camera to film your fishing adventure in which Lisa can cut/edit your video to be posted on Youtube. Snorkeling can be included at the end of your fishing trip at no additional cost. This is a great tour for the entire family to explore the beautiful Pacific Ocean. Costa Rica sport fishing is known worldwide as one of the greatest sport fishing/surfing destination plus the weather is great almost all year round. For the intermediate and experienced surfer, trips to Witches Rock and Ollie's are offered with a guide. We look forward to hearing from you. Pura Vida!
“Excellent Day on the Gulf with Mauricio!”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

What a wonderful day on the water! We prebooked a full day of fishing on the "Don Manuel". They picked us up, at no extra charge, from our beach right at the Hilton Papagayos. The boat was comfortable and well stocked with cold water, beer, etc. and fresh pineapple, sandwiches and snacks. They even prepacked our shoe sizes for flippers and snorkel gear which we ended up not using since we were enjoying the fishing so much! We caught a Rooster Fish, had two Mahi on but lost, caught several types of tuna and then ended the day by catching more than our fill of Red Snapper! Mauricio and the captain never stopped searching for the right place to catch fish, we definitely got every cent out of our investment in this day!

Visited January 2014
NorthPacificTours, Owner at Papagayo Gulf Sport Fishing - North Pacific Tours, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Fishing trips are always awesome when you catch fish and it feels good to know you had a great day out on the water. The crew always do their best to be sure that you, our client, is satisfied and that you get what you are paying for. Sometimes the fish do not cooperate, but that’s fishing!

At North Pacific Tours, we have high standards for our clients and your business is what makes us successful -- so many thanks for your review!

Midland, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Snorkeling with Captain Daniel and Mauricio”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I booked a half-day snorkeling trip for my family group of five adults with North Pacific tours before our first trip to Costa Rica. I picked North Pacific because the email communication with Lisa was prompt and professional. Some in my group were a little nervous before the trip as we had booked this sight-unseen but we were all immediately put at ease when the very experienced, friendly, and fun Mauricio and Captain Dan pulled up at the beach in front of our resort. They took us to a couple of secluded snorkeling locations and really tailored the day to our interests and abilities. We particularly enjoyed Mauricio snorkeling along with us and giving my nephew and I tips on free-diving. We just had a wonderful morning. I only regret that we were not able to also squeeze in an additional fishing trip with North Pacific. I highly recommend these guys.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank JoeW973
NorthPacificTours, Owner at Papagayo Gulf Sport Fishing - North Pacific Tours, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Snorkeling trips are always a lot of fun and having a knowlegable guide is key. Mauricio worked as a divemaster (suba divier) for over 10 years and knows whats in these waters very well. He is always happy to share what he knows with our clients. If your having fun on a tour - their having fun! Thank you for your reveiw and we look forward to taking you out fishing with us! Pura Vida.
Toronto, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Excellent trip as usual”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This year I've had another two unbelievable trips with Mauricio and captain Daniel. Hooked a lot of fish and seen a lot of breathtaking places. This time they took us almost to border with Nicaragua to fish.
Never seen such a pristine water before. Try them, you will not be disappointed.

Visited December 2013
NorthPacificTours, Owner at Papagayo Gulf Sport Fishing - North Pacific Tours, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
The crew enjoy taking your group out every year as they have the same passion for fishing as you, hence the special treatment! Plus they enjoy rooster fishing as well and want to be sure you satisifed with your trips with us. We look forward to having you out on the boat at the end of the year.
Hawthorn Woods, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Dorado hook ups”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We had a very nice time with Captain Daniel and Mauricio! We had three Dorodo's boated in an hour including a big bull. Lisa and the team are prompt and attentive to all need. Daniel and Mauricio are accomplished and professional. I highly recommend using them for an outing.

Tyler G
Hawthorn Woods IL

Visited August 2013
Thank you for your review and for traveling up from Tamarindo to fish with us. We are pleased you enjoyed your trip with us and look forward to having you fish with us again. Pura Vida! Lisa
Cape Cod, MA
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great fishing trip”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I'll begin by saying I do a lot of fishing. I live about 1km from the beach, have a fishing boat, and fish more than 50-60 days a year. I also have fished most of the US extensively and Central America and the Caribbean on many occasions. Of all of my trips, the trip Jamie and I took with Daniel and his son/mate Mauricio is one of my most memorable. Starting with Lisa, the front end of the trip was easy and a pleasure. Excellent communication and attention to detail made the planning phase very nice.

Daniel and Mauricio met me on the beach right in front of the hotel as scheduled at 7AM on the scheduled day. This was a really nice touch as it avoided having to get in the car and do any travelling. We began the day by catching bait for the trip. We fish largely artificials so we were fascinated and enjoyed the sabiki and handline techniques used by Daniel and Mauricio. We traveled to the area we intended to begin fishing and in short order had landed two nice mahi. We then proceeded to catch a succession of tuna, skipjack, big eyed jack, and jack cravelle some of them 25+ pounds. The crew worked really hard to keep us on fish and we were so engrossed it was after 2PM before we took a short break for lunch. We had expressed a desire to catch a rooster fish for Jamie, it would have been her first. We fished long beyond what we should have and it was not for lack of effort but we could not get a rooster to the boat. We had a couple of good strikes, and we had visible follows, but nothing solidly hooked. In spite, I will always remember that great last drift casting to the fishy shoreline watching the boils in anticipation. It is why they call it "fishing" and not "catching" It finished with a memorable ride in as we watched the sun set. The crew left us on the beach at sunset and I know they still had a 1/2 hour trip home on a fairly windy evening and probably did not arrive till after dark.

I can't say enough good things about the trip. If you are looking for a great day of fishing with a really knowledgeable crew who will work really hard for you these are the guys. I hope Daniel enjoyed the Cravelle stew and the mahi roe as much as we enjoyed the mahi picata and gallo pinto with a really nice glass of chilled chardonnay later that evening. Thanks again Daniel and Mauricio, we'll see you next time we are in the area.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank rsoucy20
NorthPacificTours, Owner at Papagayo Gulf Sport Fishing - North Pacific Tours, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
We always welcome a seasoned fishermans point of view fishing with us, so thank you for taking the time to write it. It sounds like you both had an amazing day out on the water. I know the crew wants to be sure that our clients are pleased and that they get what they paid for. They enjoy fishing so much that they could stay out there all night long if possible. We look forward to your trip back to Playa del Coco! Happy Holidays! Lisa