The property owners are truly wonderful and will go out of their way to help you feel welcome but there are somethings travelers should be prepared for (I wish someone had posted this for me):
1. Ants in bathroom/shower -- all over (but not in bedroom/bed thank god)
2. No shampoo/conditioner/lotion -- bring your own!
3. Only a single sheet to keep you warm at night. No blankets.
4. Beds are kind of like sleeping on a futon/cot.
5. The pool is completely shaded -- never sees sun nor do the chairs around it. Which could be good for some people.
6. Playa Grande is a surfer town -- not touristy -- it is a hike to get to other forms of life.
7. You cannot put toilet paper in the toilet. None. Ever.
If you are looking for a cozy/charming/home-y feel, this is the place to go. I thank the owners, the above are just little changes- things to know.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our small Boutique Hotel is situated in the Northwest of Guanacaste on a peninsula bordering directly on Marino Las Baulas National Park. We are 100m from the almost deserted endless beach of Playa Grande. In our beautiful double rooms & tropical garden you will find tranquility & relaxation in soothing seclusion. Our atmospheric restaurant invites you to tasty culinary excursions for your eyes and taste. Our experienced team looks after you with great care, doing their very best to make your holiday a pleasantly unforgettable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Cantarana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cantarana Hotel Playa Grande