This was our second stay at Las Tortugas. You can't get a better location - on the beach. The other options in the area are mostly further from the beach, and I cannot understand why anyone would choose them.
We travelled with four other families and had excellent fun. The staff were like part of the family by the time we left.
- location on the beach
- restaurant staff are really friendly, and service is great
- sundowners on the beach, close walk for a refill
- restaurant food is great, compared to other options in the area
We debated whether we'd change the hotel or give it an update, but decided it would really detract from the relaxed and easy going nature of the place.
We did fishing, surfing, zip line, snorkling, and spent rest of the time on the beach.
Take your own beach towels, and bring your own shampoo. You might also want to pack boogie boards for the kids - we did.
This place definitely gets our vote. We'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a small, ecotouristic hotel located directly on the beach in Playa Grande with our rooms, pool, jacuzzi, open-air restaurant/bar, and hammock area just steps from the sand and the main surf peak in Playa Grande. We offer every kind of accommodation and price range with small economy rooms on the beachfront property with AC and private hotwater bathrooms starting at $25/night and our honeymoon suite with oceanview between $70 and $130/night depending on the season. We also offer economical apartments with kitchenette facilities up the road from the hotel, just a five minute walk to the beach. All of our apartment guests enjoy full access to the beachfront hotel amenities. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Las Tortugas Hotel
- Las Tortugas Playa Grande