“Wonderful!”
Review of Mato's Surf Shop

Mato's Surf Shop
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to MatosSurfShop with tree locations, two in Tamarindo Beach and one at the National Park Playa Grande),Costa Rica. We are the Surf Shop that offers "Whatever a surfer needs". Located in Playa Grande National Park Las Baulas, the PLAYA GRANDE SURF SHOP offers a big selection in new and used Surfboards. From sizes 5.0 To 10 ft we have them for rent and to sell. We take the Surf Photos at Playa Grande and we have been capturing the action Since 2000. Full Surf Supply and King Ding Repair EXPRESS Fast and Clean. Original T-Shirts with Our Own Photos and art work, and a big selection of souvenirs made by local Artists. We also offer our own Video Productions and Custom Photo and Video Service, and of course Surf Lessons at Playa Grande or Tamarindo depending upon your level.
Atenas, Costa Rica
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We initially went into the shop in Playa Grande to fix our surfboard, but ended up chatting with the staff there for a while and walked out with a new surf bag and attire. While my bf took his board out into the ocean in Tamarindo, I took a lesson from their shop in Tamarindo. A really great instructor who had a lot of patience, expertise and guidance. They are a great surf shop and I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone looking for lessons, boards, attire or some fun conversation. Thank you, guys!

Visited January 2014

Carlsbad, California, United States
“Very positive experience”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I was with 5 guys and the provided 5 new boards as rentals. Everyone we interacted with was friendly and knowledgeable. I'd definitely work with them again. If they could clear the crowd at Playa Grande for us, I would have paid double. Haha!

Visited August 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Board Rentals!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We ordered 5 brand new boards and when we arrived they were ready to be picked up. All of the boards were in perfect shape. The price was incredible for the week and everyone at the Tamarindo and Playa Grande shop were super helpful. I highly recommend working with Matos Surf Shop. Thank you Marcelo

Visited August 2013
Hampton, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Matos Surf Shop - The Sickest in Tamarindo/Grande”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I recently visited Playa Grande and Tamarindo area with with my lady and were blown away with how awesome the people at Matos Films / Playa Grande Surf Shop are. They are super friendly, had the best equipment, spoke perfect English and got us some of the best photos of us surfing we have ever had.

Ive been surfing for 20 years and know my equipment very well. I didn't bring a board down and Matos hooked it up. Gave me the right board for the surf that was coming. If I needed to get something else for smaller or bigger surf, he let me swap out the board. They took great photos of us and even told us the best places to eat in Tamarindo. He guided us to a private beach with no other surfers and we had a barrel fest all to our selves. Next time, we are headed to Witches rock or Ollies point as he told me they do trips there as well.

Overall, my experience with Playa Grande Surf Shop and Matos Films was second to none and I would recommend and trust them to take care of you. Thank you guys!

Visited September 2012