“MiniMop is the best for surf lessons in the area!”
Review of Mini Mop Surf Shop - CLOSED

Mini Mop Surf Shop
More attraction details
Owner description: Come check out Mini Mop Surf Shop located in Matapalo on the way to the beaches of Playa Grande, where you can be assured your damaged surfboards will be repaired with the highest quality at a fast and affordable rate! We have surfboards for rent and sale available, and even offer surf lessons to any daring newbie wanting to learn the art of surf! Our instructor is a local guy who is fluent in English and Spanish, with years of experience in surfing and teaching. Transportation is available if needed, because we want no surfer left behind! Fees will depend on location of residence. Remember! We have the lowest prices around and the best deals to offer!!! Call us or stop by the shop, which is 200 meters from the soccer field on the right-hand side driving towards Playa Grande. Pura Vida!!!
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I have been traveling to the Playa Grande area with my son for several years. We have taken surf lessons from shops in Playa Grande and found them to be ok, but it seemed to be an activity, not really a true lesson in surfing. While staying in Matapalo this year, we stopped by MiniMop to rent boogie boards, and ended up booking some surf lessons, too. It was a great decision! Heiner took us out at the perfect time. Had a thorough lesson the beach, then we went into the waves. He has tremendous patience, and gave helpful insight to try to help us improve with each wave. We ended up booking a couple days. MiniMop provided the best experience we ever had with surf lessons! Heiner is great teacher! He made us all feel at ease, and gave us confidence. We will always use his services. He is a local surfer who truly wants people to have a good surf experience, not just a tourist day at the beach. I highly recommend, especially is you have kids. Can't wait for next summer, to have a lesson and a beer with our new friend Heiner. Pura Vida!

1  Thank jenjakeusa

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Rented twice with MiniMop and couldn't be happier. Just let him know your experience, skill level, and what your looking for, and he'll help guide you.

No sales pitch or commercializing here. Just MiniMop and his boards, with the true vibe of Tico's and Pura Vida.

Thanks for a great time!

1  Thank Stev9457
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Located on the drive from Liberia to Playa Grande (in Matapalo) I stopped to pick up wax but made a great friend as well!! The young business owner has great values and is very well respected in the community - Heiner was exactly the person I needed to meet to make my solo trip to Costa Rica a memorable one. I wanted to stay away from the crowds of tourists and that’s exactly what he provided - finding comfortable and friendly accommodation and organizing trips to some of Costa Rica's BEST SURF SPOTS including Avellanas, Witches Rock and some secret local breaks. Meanwhile his lovely girlfriend patiently snapped professional quality pics. For anyone who wants to experience Costa Rica outside the tourist bubble regardless of surf level or activity interest I would strongly recommend a stop at Mini Mop surf shop!!!!!

1  Thank Kyle B
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Heiner Fonseca, a young, friendly Costa Rican, saved my surf trip with a superb double ding repair to my board. More than that, he worked on into the night so I could have my board ready for a surf trip to Witches the following day, then took the board back for final sanding and painting on my return. A truly superb service from a genuinely cool and thoroughly trustworthy individual. Heiner surfed with us at the local break Playa Grande too. I highly recommend anyone travelling to the Guanacaste/Tamrindo/Playa Grande area, to find Heiner, whether it is for local trips, surf lessons, board hire, board repairs or just a cool chat with someone in the know. Look forward to catching up again Heiner one day in the future and thanks again for a great repair. Rob

1  Thank Robert G
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Needed a board and minimop was there to help. Avoid the bigger shops and go to here - super chill, gives it to you straight. I've rented boards from both and wish I had just gone through minimop for all. Heiner was extremely nice and helpful, gave us exactly what we needed and our day was perfect. Highly recommended.

2  Thank MattMaris