“Experience Costa Rica with a Trusted Local”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mini Mop Surf Shop - CLOSED

Mini Mop Surf Shop
More attraction details
Owner description: Come check out Mini Mop Surf Shop located in Matapalo on the way to the beaches of Playa Grande, where you can be assured your damaged surfboards will be repaired with the highest quality at a fast and affordable rate! We have surfboards for rent and sale available, and even offer surf lessons to any daring newbie wanting to learn the art of surf! Our instructor is a local guy who is fluent in English and Spanish, with years of experience in surfing and teaching. Transportation is available if needed, because we want no surfer left behind! Fees will depend on location of residence. Remember! We have the lowest prices around and the best deals to offer!!! Call us or stop by the shop, which is 200 meters from the soccer field on the right-hand side driving towards Playa Grande. Pura Vida!!!
Hamilton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Experience Costa Rica with a Trusted Local”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Located on the drive from Liberia to Playa Grande (in Matapalo) I stopped to pick up wax but made a great friend as well!! The young business owner has great values and is very well respected in the community - Heiner was exactly the person I needed to meet to make my solo trip to Costa Rica a memorable one. I wanted to stay away from the crowds of tourists and that’s exactly what he provided - finding comfortable and friendly accommodation and organizing trips to some of Costa Rica's BEST SURF SPOTS including Avellanas, Witches Rock and some secret local breaks. Meanwhile his lovely girlfriend patiently snapped professional quality pics. For anyone who wants to experience Costa Rica outside the tourist bubble regardless of surf level or activity interest I would strongly recommend a stop at Mini Mop surf shop!!!!!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Kyle B

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best ding repair I have ever had!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

Heiner Fonseca, a young, friendly Costa Rican, saved my surf trip with a superb double ding repair to my board. More than that, he worked on into the night so I could have my board ready for a surf trip to Witches the following day, then took the board back for final sanding and painting on my return. A truly superb service from a genuinely cool and thoroughly trustworthy individual. Heiner surfed with us at the local break Playa Grande too. I highly recommend anyone travelling to the Guanacaste/Tamrindo/Playa Grande area, to find Heiner, whether it is for local trips, surf lessons, board hire, board repairs or just a cool chat with someone in the know. Look forward to catching up again Heiner one day in the future and thanks again for a great repair. Rob

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Robert G
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Minimop = Top notch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

Needed a board and minimop was there to help. Avoid the bigger shops and go to here - super chill, gives it to you straight. I've rented boards from both and wish I had just gone through minimop for all. Heiner was extremely nice and helpful, gave us exactly what we needed and our day was perfect. Highly recommended.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank MattMaris
Ontario Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A Trusted Source - Exactly What You Need When Travelling”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

Heiner Fonseca of Mini Mop surf shop is a young Costa Rican entreprenuer with latin american values and a desire to have a successful business. Mini Mop is a small surf shop just outside Playa Grande. You have to drive past several other tourist oriented shops to get to his but it is far worth the 15 minute trip. Mini Mop has all your surfing needs at very affordable prices. He is very knowledgable and trustworthy individual who helped my family with surfing and other travel needs. If you have any questions about Costa Rica or your vacation you can just ask Heiner. He will set up and organize just about anything to make your trip a success. Not only do I recommend Mini Mop Surf Shop but more importantly I recommend Heiner as friendly contact and trusted source for information.

Visited March 2012
3 Thank Coop9902
Holladay, UT
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Everyone rode a wave, ages 6 to 42.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

We two families were renting a house on Playa Grande and Heiner from Mini Mop came right to the beach with 4 surfboards and gave private lessons to us. The first day he came he actually recommended we do it another time due to the surf conditions and wanted them to be more ideal to give us a better experience. He came back two days later and we all rode the waves, ages 6, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 41. We had a great time. He brought a photographer and sent my pictures by email. He speaks good english, patient with kids, fair prices, and even brought us surf shirts to wear during the lesson.

Visited April 2012