“Great accommodations!!”

Frijoles Locos Surf Shop & Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Frijoles Locos Surf Shop provides fun, safe and professional surf lessons for the whole family. Our store is packed with retail surf and resort wear, board shorts and bikinis are an essential item for around here! We offer quality surfboard rentals, snorkel equipment, bike rentals, boogie boards, SUP Stand Up Paddleboards and other beach rentals including beach chairs and shade. We offer personalized surf vacation packages for couples, small groups or families (surf guiding, surf lessons, massages, yoga, adventure... see website)....We offer concierge services prior to your arrival, to help organize your activities, tours, ground transportation, everything you need to make your week go smoothly. If you are traveling to Costa Rica with children, contact us, we have pack n plays/ cribs for rent, a portable high chair and plenty of good advice for families. Upstairs from the surf shop we have two vacation rental apartments perfect for individual families of 4-5 people, or two families on vacation together. There is an adjoining door that means you can have your own privacy when you want it. The condos upstairs are very comfortable, with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, sized around 1250 sq. feet. Just email us for more info/ photos. Also located onsite is the El Frijol Feliz Day Spa for amazing massages, spa services, pedicures, and more. Recently under new management the Day Spa contact is separate to Frijoles Locos however we are happy to connect you. Frijoles Locos are your one stop shop for everything you need for your Playa Grande family/ surf/ vacation! Please contact us prior to arrival so we can best help you for all your vacation needs.
Koloa, Hawaii
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great accommodations!!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

4 friends stayed here for 5 nights and had a wonderful visit! The apartment is stunning and spacious! The location is in walking distance to gorgeous beaches, surfing, and great restaurants! Corynne was extremely helpful planning the stay and all excursions! I highly recommend and would visit again!

CT
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Your support team!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We recently stayed in Playa Grande at a private house rental. The house owner uses frijoles logos owner, Corynne, as a travel concierge. She was so helpful from the moment we booked. We were given a lengthy list of activity choices and she efficiently booked many top notch experiences for us. We enjoyed a private surf lesson our first afternoon in CR. The instructors were very attentive and patient and we even had a photographer document some of the successful runs. Corynne helped book a day at Hacienda Guachipelin for zip lining, horseback riding and river tubing. Also a day with a private guide to Palo Verde- by far the kids favorite day. I highly recommend contacting Corynne for all your needs if you are staying in this area. Her shop is beautiful and her staff top notch!

Visited February 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Took care of everything we needed!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

2 surf lessons, tent and boogie board rentals...also bought a dress and some t-shirts. Here for 7 days and we went to them for everything. Great shop with nice folks.

jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Place”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I spent two nights in late January and was worth the money. I travelled with my wife, mom in law and 2 kids. The 2 room apartment was extremely clean,comfortable, and quite big for the 5 of us. The kitchen had everything we needed and the huge balcony and swimming area was a real bonus. It was a 2 minute walk to a local food store and Tico restaurant. Another great thing was it was 2 minutes from the surf break. Corynne promptly returned all emails and made our stay really pleasant, she was really great to deal with. We spent almost 2 weeks in Costa Rica and when I asked what his favorite part of the trip was it was sleeping in the pirate bed in Playa Grande, my was head high barrels in Playa Grande.

Visited January 2013
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Frijol Feliz Day Spa”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I received a deep tissue massage at the Frijol Feliz Day Spa located at the Frijoles Locos Surf shop in Playa Grande a week ago and it was excellent. What a great way to enhance a great vacation. Corynne and her staff were very professional and the massage was so relaxing, I think I probably scared the therapist with my snorts as I drifted in and out of sleep. I would certainly recommend it to everyone! I was in a dazed state of bliss for the rest of the day!

I also rented a bike from the surf shop that was a great deal and purchased several great t-shirts. Everyone was incredibly friendly and nice!

Visited February 2013