“WOW”

Frijoles Locos Surf Shop & Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Frijoles Locos Surf Shop provides fun, safe and professional surf lessons for the whole family. Our store is packed with retail surf and resort wear, board shorts and bikinis are an essential item for around here! We offer quality surfboard rentals, snorkel equipment, bike rentals, boogie boards, SUP Stand Up Paddleboards and other beach rentals including beach chairs and shade. We offer personalized surf vacation packages for couples, small groups or families (surf guiding, surf lessons, massages, yoga, adventure... see website)....We offer concierge services prior to your arrival, to help organize your activities, tours, ground transportation, everything you need to make your week go smoothly. If you are traveling to Costa Rica with children, contact us, we have pack n plays/ cribs for rent, a portable high chair and plenty of good advice for families. Upstairs from the surf shop we have two vacation rental apartments perfect for individual families of 4-5 people, or two families on vacation together. There is an adjoining door that means you can have your own privacy when you want it. The condos upstairs are very comfortable, with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, sized around 1250 sq. feet. Just email us for more info/ photos. Also located onsite is the El Frijol Feliz Day Spa for amazing massages, spa services, pedicures, and more. Recently under new management the Day Spa contact is separate to Frijoles Locos however we are happy to connect you. Frijoles Locos are your one stop shop for everything you need for your Playa Grande family/ surf/ vacation! Please contact us prior to arrival so we can best help you for all your vacation needs.
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WOW”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

As a former dancer and NCAA Division 1 Gold Medalist in Rowing, I have been exposed to a wide range of body work and training. Throughout it all, however, I have literally never met anyone as innately talented and intuitive as Corynne. My specific ailment has been excruciatingly painful and something that I have spent two years attempting to fix here in New York City with numerous visits to well-regarded specialists in Western and Eastern medicine and everywhere in between. In one session Corynne had it pegged and invented a release technique that allowed me to experience freedom of movement pain-free for the first time in years. Most importantly, she gave me hope and an understanding of how to address the issue. I traveled to Playa Grande assuming that the most I would do is enjoy watching my husband surf the waves I wanted to be riding myself, and remarkably, within a few days, Corynne (and Ian) had me walking on water again. I could not recommend Corynne more highly. I've done a 180 since working with her. Thank you Corynne!

Visited June 2011
1 Thank nyc043

Tampa, Florida
“Great shop, great selection and even better people!”
Reviewed May 1, 2011

Just got back from a week in Playa Grande. This is our second time there in six years. I was excited to see the Frijoles Locos surf shop right there at the beach. It wasn't there six years ago and getting decent boards before was a hassle. Frijoles Locos had a great selection of boards for my family of four. I kept four boards for the week and swapped them out a couple of times to try different boards. This was cool because the way they do the rentals. Keep the boards as long or as short as you want and figure out the payment at the end. You don't have to commit or pay up front for everything. Great way to do it.

I had Ian give my family a lesson the first day of our trip and everything about it was perfect. He took us to a nice break, was really patient and set us up with tips and places to go for the week. Getting everyone started on the right foot is critical.

I would highly recommend their shop to anyone going to the area.

Charleston, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome Vacation”
Reviewed April 5, 2011

We recently stayed at the apartment above the Frijoles Locos Surf Shop in Playa Grande, Costa Rica. Our trip was amazing! Corynne was a tremendous help and made dinner reservations for us as well us booked a rental car for us. We booked a zip lining tour and fishing excursion through Corynne as well and both were so much fun. Thanks to Austin, our amazing surf guide we found through the Frijoles Surf Shop, we visited some of the most beautiful beaches and surf spots I have ever seen. Thanks so much Austin! You made our trip unforgettable. We will definitely be visiting again!!

Charleston, SC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Experience”
Reviewed April 4, 2011

We just returned from the most amazing stay in Playa Grande, Costa Rica. Corynne was amazing. She was so helpful and accomodating. We rented a car and were able to see so many amazing beaches (thanks to Austin- our surf guide). Austin was fabulous! He made our trip and we will forever be grateful. I highly recommend this location. We cannot wait to return.

Toronto, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Great people! Great service!”
Reviewed March 18, 2011

Very nice people (Fin you are adorable!). Fair prices. Great location. The only surf shop we found that actually had a good selection.