“Exceptional view, still in construction”
Review of Gracia Mar Vista

Gracia Mar Vista
Cuisines: Costa Rican, International, Central American, Fusion
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Surrounded by the beauty and stunning views of Mar Vista, Gracia restaurant offers delicious home cooked meals in an open air venue located in the hills between Brasilito and Flamingo. Owners Frankie and Stephanie Becker source local and sustainable ingredients in a Farm to Table concept to deliver simple yet exquisite dishes that display depth and layers of flavor. Gracia offers a casual lunch menu 12-4 where guests can enjoy the incredible views in the infinity pool, open air dining area and children’s playground. A more elegant dining experience is offered for dinner 5-8 where guests can take in the stunning sunsets before dining.
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The Club is part and parcel of a what seems to become a gated community/residential compound, which is still under construction. The Club seems to be the only thing so far and almost finished, but any way operational and ready to be used.
The thing about the place is definitely its location and view: you are a bit up in the mopuntains and overlooking the bay and the sea. looking west and directly into the sunsetting wonders.
When consuming at the restaurant/bar you have permission to use the (infinty) pool, which is nice and a lot of fun. Food is good, but nothing too special.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Went here for lunch based on an expat's recommendation. In fact he rode with us, as we would not have known the place was back up there. The path is a dirt road. Then you have to stop at the guard's gate, then travel up some more. Once we reached the top it was a nice spot. The view of the mountain and the ocean was spectacular. I loved the infinity pool off of the mountain. The food was pretty decent and the prices reasonable, two of us had the chicken taco and the other two had the fried fish sandwich.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

We found The Club at Mar Vista on Trip Advisor and had dinner there on Thanksgiving. Most of our group ordered off the regular menu and one of us had a traditional turkey dinner. Everyone (4 adults, 4 kids) loved their meals and found the prices to be very reasonable. The couple who run the restaurant make you feel right at home. We had hoped to return but the restaurant was closed on our last day in Costa Rica. We would come back again in a heartbeat. The restaurant is very welcoming, reasonably priced, has excellent food, and has a great vibe.

1  Thank OregonFam
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I've been all over the Caribbean, but my first trip to Costa Rica left me stunned. The Club at Mar Vista epitomizes all that now makes this lovely country my preferred sun and sand destination.

The restaurant is located in the hills just above Brasilito. The stunning view and pool are what first hits you as wander into the restaurant. I'm typically not looking for a pool when I'm hungry, but this pool is gorgeous and it eventually lured me in for refreshing dip. We were able to trade our swimsuits for dry clothes in the tidy changing rooms.

The people are wonderful, not just the friendly and efficient wait staff, but the clientele as well. A refreshing mix of Costa RIcans, tourists, and ex-pats provide conversation and people watching opportunities absent from many destinations. You feel less like a tourist here, more like a traveller, if that makes any sense.

The food is fantastic. They do a great job with both regional specialties and comfort food from afar. I loved the patacone/chalupa mashup they had on special. They swapped out tortillas for fried plantain for a fresh twist on a mexican favorite. The burger was great, but the ceviche really hit the mark on another blistering hot afternoon. They had pasta and great sandwiches as well as steaks and a beautiful whole fried red snapper. We stopped up here a number of times during our one week stay in Costa Rica. We were never disappointed.

Prices were vey reasonable. The Costa Rican and expat customers know the area well, and I think there presence here says much.

Absolutely worth a visit.

1  Thank Brad J
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The Club at Mar Vista, is truely one of the more unique places to eat and enjoy the tropical sun set. Along with the stunning view, came great staff, service and food. The Clue is located on top of a small hill overlooking the ocean. You will need to entrer through the security desk on the way up and give your name and licence plate number, if you are driving. My wife and I would recommend the club for any one would would like an excellent meal, berverages and a fantasic sunset. Hola Tony! I personally want to thank you for going out of your way to assist us with the flat tire. Many thanks and see you next year amigo!!

1  Thank Chuck C