“Beautiful, spacious home with spectacular views!”
other traveler has booked this property

Review of Casa Las Brisas

Zip Lining
17th hole at Reserva Conchal
15th hole at Hacienda Pinilla
Flamingo
Playa Flamingo just below the house
Sunset 1
Sunset 2
Chilling on Flamingo Beach
Howler in a Banyan Tree
House pet; Iggy has been with us for 6 years
Tucan visitor
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 16 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Glenn M
“Over rated, Over priced, Terrible Customer service”
Reviewed July 25, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Upon check in, the entire house was hot, humid and musty- it took several hours for the rooms to cool, especially the upstairs master, which took over 6 hours-maybe by 1am it was ok.
Sheets were musty, not changed since the last stay, several weeks I would guess. The mgmt co wanted to charge us to come change the sheets. Really?
Terrible sewer smell inside the bathroom downstairs, and outside where you park the car. Really bad.
Phone lines down the entire week, after we informed the local management company several times. They tried to tell us they were out everywhere, but we spoke to neighbors who confirmed their phones worked.
No one showed us how to use the alarm or told us the maids would activate it when they came to clean. After returning from a 6 hour trip, the alarm went off as we entered. No one returned our calls made or came to check on why it went off. Probably made 10 phone calls to answering message services. (cell phone bill was almost $100 extra). Had to call the owner in the US to get it turned off.
After the alarm went off and no one came, (no police, no alarm company, no management co) my teenage girls and my wife were a little concerned about security, especially sleeping at night. It was a little unnerving, I have to admit. We travel all over the world, and I have never had to address this with them before.
Cushions on furniture stained.
Screen above kitchen sink off...looks like someone trying to break in (thats what my wife and girls said)
Slide doors don't work...one maybe ok, most not at all.
One roll of TP per bath is a little minimalist. And the management co didn't want to provide any more. At this nightly rate? What a joke.
Many ceiling tiles are removed, cut, and most tiles that are there are water stained. It just looks terrible, dirty, unfinished.
Master bath mats were dirty and stained, not cleaned
Blood on extra pillow in closet in master upstairs. No extra pillow cases upstairs.
The shower pressure so low you have to stand under it, but the shower head is so clogged with calcium build up, it a wonder any water comes out. So easy to clean if you keep up with it, it will need to be replaced more than likely now.
Much of the house furniture is old, dated and uncomfortable. Walls are beat up and need painting.
For the amount of money they want per week, I was expecting more than what we received. After communicating with the owner for several weeks, she reluctantly refunded $250. My cell phone bill having to deal with all of the problems was almost $100! Don't count on the management company to help either. They actually defended their services to the owner. I was really more insulted by the way the owner handled the situation with the mgmt co than with anything else. The mgmt co basically called us liars. The mgmt co emailed me directly and told me they provided great customer service...not this time.

Traveling group: Teenagers
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Jul 28, 2016
Oh, Glenn, really? You contacted me to rent our home based on the recommendation of your friend who stayed there in March with his family. They loved it and he wrote a glowing review and gave it 5 stars. Since you were a referral I offered you a discount. You wanted an even better "deal" and asked to do a trade out which I was not interested in, so you negotiated with me to reduce the rent even more. Since it was last minute and you were the friend of a nice guy, I agreed. It was not until after your week long stay that you indicated there were any issues. If you had notified me I would have contacted our property manager and had them address each one immediately. You were in their office several times during your stay and easily could have voiced your complaints to them directly. Afterwards, I literally spent hours on the phone with you and answering your lengthy emails. You just wanted money, so I sent you a check for $250 but that still wasn't enough for you and you threatened me with a bad review if I didn't send you more $$. We take great pride in keeping our beautiful home well maintained and provide customized personal service for each of our renters to ensure they have a great place to enjoy their vacation to it's fullest. I am certain that readers can see how transparent you are being with this vindictive review and can see it for what it is and you for the kind of person you are...
Mel M
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Beautiful, spacious home with spectacular views!”
Reviewed July 24, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

The pictures of Casa Las Brisas perfectly show what the property looks like. But when you're sitting poolside watching another perfect sunset, you can't believe it's real. It's so relaxing! The house is perched atop Flamingo Beach Resort with 180 degree views of the water. The house is clean, spacious, and well appointed. The kitchen is large and has all the stuff you need to whip up a great meal. Love the pool side grill...and the pool. The second floor suite has an amazing view from the huge deck. In a tree outside our room, thousands of colorful butterflies put on a show for us each morning. Iguanas stopped by for a visit too. The owner gave us terrific ideas for things to do and places to see. The beach is very close and amazing. We went diving through a nearby dive shop and saw white tip sharks and huge rays. Another short drive away is Tamarindo, where my daughter learned to surf! The owner/manager also suggested a road trip to Arenal Volcano for great zip lining, white water rafting, and hikes through jungles. Couldn't be happier!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The views and the location
Liked least: The quality of my cooking.
Traveling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway
grundymcb
Columbia, Missouri
“Beautiful, comfortable, perfect home to vacation in!”
Reviewed July 13, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

My husband and I were in need of a relaxing get-away, and this home was the perfect spot, I cannot say enough wonderful things about it. The view is breathtaking from every part of the back of the house. Beach is just down the hill, but we did drive to the beach, as the hill is a bit steep. The pool was perfect after a day at the beach. The upstairs addition is it's own get-away in itself, very comfortable and well designed. We felt so at home that we did cook in quite a few days/evenings. Again, I can't say enough good things, highly recommend Casa Las Brisas!

Aug 10, 2016
Pleased that you spent so much time relaxing around the pool and discovered how great the upper terrace is for drinks and sunset. I know you said you husband is a great cook, so happy that he enjoyed our wonderfully well-equipped kitchen. Sounds like you two had a terrific time and we hope you will stay at our home on your next visit!
Tina C
Columbia, Missouri
“If you saw these views on a postcard, you would assume they were photoshopped.”
Reviewed February 7, 2016 for a stay in September 2015

My wife and I cannot recommend Casa Las Brisas enough! The homeowners were incredibly accommodating when scheduling a week long vacation for our honeymoon. We were pleasantly welcomed at the management office upon arrival. They led us about 100 yards up the road to the house.
We were absolutely blown away with the features of the house. The lower level features a huge kitchen with calphalon cookware and everything else needed for us to cook several meals throughout the week (with unique items from the markets in nearby towns). The wrap around porch features an amazing swimming pool and grill. The sound system is connected to optional speakers outside, which was a huge plus for us.
The upstairs is completely disconnected from the rest of the house and feels like a separate apartment. It features an amazing shower in the bathroom that has a large window overlooking a breathtaking view. It has a sliding door that leads out to another deck with an outdoor bar (also includes speakers).
A review wouldn't be complete without mentioning the surrounding towns. I would recommend renting a car (we used economy car rentals). This allowed us to experience as much Costa Rican culture as possible. We ate incredible food and shopped at amazing boutiques. Several restaurants feature beach side seating. We cannot recommend this entire experience enough. It was unquestionably the best time of our lives.

Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Reviewed August 10, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The views and the condition of the property.
Liked least: Booking a 6AM flight out of the country. It's about an hour to the airport.
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
San Francisco
Reviewed March 4, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
MO
Reviewed January 11, 2013 for a stay in April 2010

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Aug 10, 2016
It was a pleasure talking with you on the phone several times when you were planning your family vacation and I'm so glad you all had a great time. I love sharing our slice of paradise and hope you return again!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing