“Perfect Setting”

Coco Loco
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A casual beach restaurant offering gourmet local cuisine at very reasonable prices. Feet in the sand outside or covered area. Gorgeous sunset view or watch the waves any time of day. Open for lunch and dinner. Visa and Master card accepted. We close annually from September to November for the rainy season.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you are looking for a perfect setting to dig your feet in the sand and watch the sunset while enjoying great cocktails and fresh, authentic Costa Rican food then Coco Loco is for you. We loved it so much that we vistited twice. Each time our meal was tasty, the service friendly, and the sunset beautiful. My kids asked why would bother going anywhere else to eat on our vacation. The only one negative was the mosquitos, so bring your bug spray. The torches that the staff lit really helped, but didn't rid of us of being bitten completely. I think I had the best cocktail of our entire eight day trip there. It's called the Coco Loca and served in a coconut. Need I say more? I loved the yellow fin tuna tacos and my son like the pork ribs so much he ordered them twice.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,557)

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Laid-back, on the beach. Great place to watch the sunset. No bugs. Not really a restaurant - seemed like tables on the beach with a cooking area on the other side of the road. I finally felt like I was in Costa Rica when we ate here. The kids loved it too since they weren't in a stuffy restaurant.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Good food and service, but wear bug spray. The ceviche is outstanding. Good drinks too...
The night we were there there was a bonfire which was particularly cool.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

On the beach, under the stars, great food. We started with a mixed crevich the split the tuna taco. The tacos were great seared tuna wasabi sauce and some vegetables to dark to see but tasty. Highly recommend.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Coco Loco's was a great find on beautiful Flamingo Beach.llThe coconut shrimp was excellent and their special Coco Loco drink was soooo good.They have a great menu selection and the view is beautiful.Very relaxing after a hard day at the beach.