“Fabulous Beach Bar-Restuarant”

Coco Loco
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A casual beach restaurant offering gourmet local cuisine at very reasonable prices. Feet in the sand outside or covered area. Gorgeous sunset view or watch the waves any time of day. Open for lunch and dinner. Visa and Master card accepted. We close annually from September to November for the rainy season.
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is the nicest little beach restaurant. Tables are on the sand with a view of the volleyball (which we played) and the ocean. Fruit smoothies are also excellent after a round of volleyball. They have great cocktails - I highly recommend caipirinha - the fresh guacamole and salasa with fresh chips are delicious. Service is friendly. Pura Vida.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

They were getting ready to close for the season when we were there. They did a pretty decent job, but the place was looking a little run down and they were serving a limited menu, so I'd like to try it out again during high-season. It's really nice to have a place like this right on the beach.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We recently stayed on Flamingo Beach, Costa Rica and ate at this restaurant at least 7 times during the week. The owner is friendly, the food is good and the smoothies are great. Our family of 5 enjoyed every meal here.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Nice place to have a refreshment. The food is not bad. If you want to catch up on the sports good place to go.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I ate here twice over the course of a week. The food is good. The cocktails and juice drinks are great! It is right on the beach with some tables in the sand. The staff is kind and welcoming. The first time it took me something like half an hour to get my check, but they were busy and I think you can't care about that sort of thing too much when you're on vacation in Costa Rica.

I would definitely eat here again. It is one of the only restaurants (maybe there are two or three total) right on this beach, so I had figured their prices would be through the roof. By local standards, I think it is certainly not cheap. But it is not bad. We had an appetizer, four cocktails, and two main dishes for around USD 42.

2  Thank Maria F