Open today: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Panache Sailing tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Panache Sailing
from $85.00
from $85.00
from $2,125.00
More Info
All reviews sunset cruise wraps fish beautiful sunset fruit costa rica friendly crew food and drinks black bean dip sailing tour pod of dolphins paddle boarding great music fun afternoon noodles great drinks highly recommend this trip
Reviewed yesterday

I live in Hawaii and have been on many snorkel trips, sunset sails, whale watch tours and I must say that Panache was one of the best, if not the best, cruises I have ever been on. The crew was amazing--impeccable safety consciousness, very warm & friendly, incredibly efficient & joyful service. The chicken & fish wraps were delicious; I am accustomed to mediocre food on cruises, so that was a pleasant surprise.

I managed to fall in the water as I was going from the boat to the tender--my fault entirely: had not drunk any alcohol but did not wait for help & misjudged the step in the dark--and they were so concerned & offered for me to go back to the boat to rinse off, but I was fine, just wet. It was a wonderful experience, and I hope to make it back to Tamarindo to do it again. I recommended them to everyone I met while I was there.

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

The crew on this cruise is absolutely excellent. Great time and superior service. Food was delicious as well. However I was over the moon impressed after I had left my prescription sunglasses on the boat. I was already back at my hotel and after a quick phone call, a crew member delivered my glasses right to my hotel and handed them right to me safe and sound. Now that is service above and beyond! The nice young man was not wanting to take the tip I offered him and only accepted after I insisted. Great company to book an adventure with!!

Alice P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Panache Sailing, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Thank you for taking time to make the review.
We're really glad that you enjoyed the tour and of course it was a pleasure for our crew to deliver the sunsglasses to your hotel. Thanks again for booking with us and we hope to see you again on board of Panache Sailing.

Reviewed 1 week ago

This was our first time on a catamaran and we were not disappointed! The Panache crew was capable, friendly and attentive. My drink was never empty for long before they offered a refill. The trip started at 2, we sailed for about an hour and a half to a cove where we snorkeled, kayaked and paddle boarded. This stop was for about an hour while the crew prepared dinner which was chicken wraps, chips with salsa, fruit, etc. Then we sailed on open water while the sunset! We arrived back around 6:15. Amazing experience, would definitely go again! We went by ourselves but could have definitely brought our 1 year old with us. That being said, this was a wonderful opportunity to spend some quality 1/1 time.

Alice P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Panache Sailing, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Thank you for taking time to make the review.
It's great to know that you had an amazing experience on board of our catamaran and that you enjoyed everything about the tour. We really hope to see you again aboard of Panache Sailing and thanks again for booking with us.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We did the catermaran/snorkeling excursion. Great trip. A good entertaining time. And the tour was educational as well as infused with good happy and fun personalities of the tour guides.

Alice P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Panache Sailing, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for the review!
We're glad to know that the tour was great and that you had a good entertainment. We hope to see you again on board of Panache Sailing and thanks again for sailing with us.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We had a truly great experience sailing with them. The crew was funny and so friendly. Beautiful views and great company. We loved it.

Thank you for taking time to make the review!
We're glad to know that you had a great experience with us, this is really what we like to hear from our clients since our purpose is to make them happy so they can have a good memory when they go back home.
We hope to see you again for another sailing adventure and thanks again for sailing with us!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We took this tour as an opportunity to see whales, dolphins and turtles - due the weather (it was quite choppy) we only saw the turtles but enjoyed the sailing anyway.

We had the opportunity to snorkel which proved worthwhile for stronger swimmers than me.

Food and drinks were included in the price of the tour. The food which was prepared by our helpful and friendly crew was delicious.

Recommended,

Alice P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Panache Sailing, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for the review!
We're glad to know that you enjoyed the tour and that you were able to see at least the turtles which you were hoping to meet.
Thanks again for sailing with Panache Sailing and we hope to see you again on board.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very relaxed tour , crew were excellent friendly and helpful . Drinks were mixed and served quickly and a mean monitor was had by most. Couple of points to be aware off , there is no dick to you board from a tender which means you will get your feet wet and you will need a towel after that the rest is pure bliss as you cruise and relax

1  Thank Sammy509
Alice P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Panache Sailing, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking time to make the review!
We're glad to know that you enjoyed the cruise and we really hope to see you again on board of Panache Sailing.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our family of 14 came to Costa Rica for a wedding and we booked a private sunset sailing for everyone. Because our mother is 77 years old and had bad knees, we booked a yacht thinking she could sit more comfortably and easily on a boat as opposed to a catamaran. When we showed up we had two surprises: 1) there is no dock. We were instructed to remove our shoes and walk out into knee-high water to get on a small boat that would take us out to the big boat. Nobody told me about that. Some of us ladies wouldn't have worn dresses had we known we were going to have to get ourselves up into a little boat! Thankfully, our mother didn't slip or fall and the guys in the family were able to help her get up into the little boat. Surprise #2 was we got a catamaran instead of a regular boat/yacht. Then we had to figure out how we could her to sit comfortably and safely on the catamaran. They had no chair we could sit up front with everyone else, so she had to sit next to the boat captain in his 2-wide seat. After these two surprises were behind us, we had a very enjoyable sunset cruise with our family. The staff of three were excellent, especially when our 12 year-old got sea sick! They even brought out champagne for the newly married couple, which was a nice touch and unexpected nice surprise!

1  Thank KAHLJH

Thank you for taking time to make the review!
We're sorry to know that you had these surprises. There are still some areas of Costa Rica that do not have a dock so the small boat is necessary to arrive to the main one. Our company operate just with catamarans, we're sorry that you thought it was a yacht and we hope that anyway you and the all group enjoyed the comfort of our catamaran and its facilities.
It's good to know that eventually these misunderstandings didn't compromise the result of your trip and that you enjoyed the tour and the service of our crew.
Thank you for sailing with us and we hope to see you again on board of Panache Sailing.

Reviewed October 9, 2018

The crew was welcoming and friendly. The light meal they prepared for us was very good. The cream cheese dip and the black beans were exceptional. The snorkeling was good although the waters weren't that clear. Still it was a good time for a good price.

Alice P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Panache Sailing, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking time to make the review!
We're glad to know that you enjoyed our sailing tour and the meal offered, the cheese dip and the black beans are usually very appreciated from our clients.
Regarding the snorkeling tour, unfortunately not everyday we can find a clear water with an exceptional visibility because this depends on the currents and the weather that on the last days has been very rainy. Anyway, we really hope you enjoyed to snorkel even if the ocean conditions were not great.
Thanks again for choosing Panache Sailing and we hope to see you again on board.

Reviewed October 3, 2018

I visited with my mother who is not the most mobile anymore and that was a big worry for both of us but the crew were so careful calm and reassuring that this worry vanished within seconds. After a short boat ride out to the main catamaran and a quick safety talk we were off!

Within about 30 mins of leaving the shore we were watching whales breaching close to the boat. It is something that I have been wanting to experience for such a long time it made my year! After a few cocktails to celebrate we docked and had a snorkel and kayak around a calm bay before getting back onto the boat for a dinner and sailing back for sunset.

Gabriel, Victor, Jermain and Roy took care of us so well and a special shoutout to Valentina who is always on hand to help with any question I had pre trip!

Always a pleasure to work with and even more of a pleasure to sail with - thanks again team panache!

Pura vida!

Alice P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Panache Sailing, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2018

Thank you Jack for taking time to make a review!
It was a pleasure to have you and your mom on board of Panache and we're glad to know that you enjoyed the tour and mostly that you realized your dream to see the whales! We hope to see you again soon for another sailing experience.

Pura vida!