“The most Beautiful Place and People you will ever...”
other travelers have booked this property
my office
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
my office
Master bedroom
bedroom facing the pool
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
Dallyn K
Whitecourt, Canada
“The most Beautiful Place and People you will ever See”
Reviewed June 15, 2013 for a stay in February 2013

We just had to write a review regarding our stay at Casa Fiesta. We are a family of five; Mom, Dad, a 16 year old girl and two boys, aged 14 and 12. Our trip to Costa Rica was nothing short of incredible. Our home owners, Mike and Alexis, were very supportive and we spoke several times on the phone prior to arrival. The directions given to us were terrific and we had no trouble finding the store where we met the landlord, Diego. Diego was a wonderful host, showing us even the little things that Costa Rica has to offer, identifying the insects, birds, and weather patterns. He was also very helpful in pointing out the better restaurants and sites in the local area and other parts of Costa Rica. Diego runs a small tour company and was able to identify the better tours, and his recommendations did not disappoint. One comment that Diego did have is that we seemed to stay at the house more than most. Our reply was that the house was so beautiful; we didn’t need to go anywhere! The pool was amazing, and Diego and his wife Jennifer kept the place spotless. There was an incident where a water main down the road broke and our water supply was cut short for a day or two. We never ran out of water and didn’t really have any problems because of it, but Diego was kind enough to keep us informed of the progress the whole time so we were aware.
During our time in Costa Rica we went zip lining through the jungle canopy at Arenal Lake, took in a memorable afternoon and sunset cruise, and even went to the local rodeo. We had read and heard about the roads being bad, that you don’t walk on the beaches alone, and watch your valuables, but we never experienced any adverse conditions and I can honestly say that we felt completely safe and secure in the Potrero area. One of the more memorable shopping experiences was that I had overpaid for an item by twice the amount I was supposed to. The young girl who worked there was probably about 12 years old, and chased me down the street to make certain that I got my change back. Tamarindo is busier and perhaps the risk of theft is greater there. In Tamarindo the shops are larger and have more items but after checking them out, we ended up buying many of our souvenirs both in Potrero or the friendly and nearby Brasilito.
There are two small grocery stores nearby, Super Ceymi and another, but we bought most of our supplies at the very tidy Super Ceymi. There is also a wonderful restaurant, Las Brisas, right in Potrero. The food there was fabulous and the prices were extremely reasonable. A nearby fruit stand was a small family run establishment and the owner would help you pick out the best fruit and then carry it to your vehicle. You won’t find service like that in many other places!
Our stay at Casa Fiesta was wonderful! The food, the people, the culture and sites were absolutely amazing, and we have been recommending both Costa Rica and Casa Fiesta at any chance we get. Potrero is a great town and we feel privileged to have been treated so well by so many wonderful people during our stay.

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Traveling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Alison032
Mount Forest, Canada
“What a view!!!!”
Reviewed March 4, 2013 for a stay in February 2013
person found this review helpful

The entire family had a wonderful week at Casa Fiesta. I think we had the best view in the entire region! It is an hour drive from the Liberia airport and easy to get to. You do need a 4 x 4 vehicle for the mountain road but the road was fine. Diego took our 2 boys on an all day excursion white water rafting and they had a fantastic time. There were great beaches in the region: Danta, Potrero, Conchal, Flamingo....you don't have to go far. The house itself was beautiful...just like the photographs. Lots of great places to eat nearby. I would highly recommend this house and region. We will definately stay here again either with our family or with another couple.

Liked best: The view
Liked least: The sheets on the downstairs bedroom
Traveling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
william b
Bossier City, LA
“Beautiful Home in a Beautiful Place”
Reviewed January 14, 2013 for a stay in October 2012
person found this review helpful

Casa Fiesta is really comfortable and nicely appointed. Its got a nice kitchen, comfortable beds and fabulous views. Sitting on the deck and watching the sunsets and the view of jungle and coastline was a daily treat (took way too many pictures, though :) . Diego and Jennifer (caretakers for the house) took great care of us and were always there for advice and fun conversation. The beaches are just a short drive and we found the beach at Flamingo to be especially nice. The town of Potrero is small and I think that's a good thing - you feel like a welcome guest more than just a tourist and can get a true cultural experience. That said, there are plenty of good restaurants and supermarkets nearby. So much to see and do in the area. I want to go back, and highly recommend this home to anyone looking for an authentic Costa Rica experience.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Warmth and comfort of the house, breathtaking views of jungle and ocean, Diego/Jennifer
Liked least: Too few monkeys getting close enough for us to watch their antics
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Julia B
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“I returned to Costa Rica after 20 years and the exquisite view from Casa Fiesta exceded any I had seen there before!”
Reviewed August 5, 2012 for a stay in February 2012
person found this review helpful

I lived in Costa Rica for two years back in the early 1990's and was very excited to revisit this place that had stolen a piece of my heart. The beauty of the landscape and the generous personality of the people who live there had been calling me back. My husband and I spent four days at this exquisite spot and found the only thing lacking was that we hadn't brought some dear family or friends with us to enjoy this piece of paradise. The accommodations are perfect for groups of people as well as being good for a romantic get-away.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The care takers of the property had a lovely balance of offering guided trips to local excursions and sites but with no pressure. And though it was windy season, they kept the pool very clean and ready for swimming.
Liked least: Being a social person, I would have liked having proximity to other vacationers but knew this going in. It was our 15th Wedding Anniversary getaway.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
chicago
Reviewed June 29, 2012 for a stay in April 2010

Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing