“Fantastic Food and Service”
Review of Tubla - CLOSED

Tubla
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Flamingo's best Italian restaurant option with great thin crust pizza cooked in a wooden oven.
Columbus, Ohio
“Fantastic Food and Service”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I had been by this place multiple times before actually eating there. From the outside I couldn't tell what to expect. I actually thought it was more of a casual, snack bar type of spot from the outside. Boy was I wrong.

Everything about Tubla is top notch. The service is excellent. Everyone is very friendly. From what we ordered it seems that Tubla does everything well. One person in our group had pizza. I had the lasagna. Everyone raved about their food.

The highest compliment I could give Tubla is that it reminds me of dining out in Italy. The food is outstanding. The service is efficient but not rushed. It's just a pleasant, relaxed experience from top to bottom. I can't wait to go back.

Visited December 2013

Ohio
“Good pizza”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Took a hike from the Flamingo Beach Resort to Tubla in town. Had the wood fired pizza and focaccia bread and it was very good. The pizza is big enough to share. They are only open during lunch and close then are back open at 5 for the evening. It sits right next to the bank.

Visited February 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Pizza Past Yumm”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

What a quaint little place to have real wood fired pizza made to order. The pasta was well done too. I you are looking for a quick respite from the local cuisine this might bring back a little of home. Awesome food and very good friendly service This is a locals favorite too.

Visited February 2014
new jersey
“Not even close to Italian”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Read the reviews here and was excited to enjoy some Italian food while vacationing in the area. I will preface my review by stating that I am from New Jersey/NYC area where we have some excellent Italian cuisine. So perhaps our standards are a bit higher. The wife and I ordered a pizza and spaghetti carbonara respectively. The food lacked the very essential ingredients that make Italian cuisine so good. The spaghetti sauce had no hint of garlic or basil and therefore had no flavor. The pasta was overcooked and mushy. My wife's pizza had the same issues. No hint of flavor or use of any of the ingredients that make a sauce come alive in your mouth. I really don't understand the reviews of this place as it was a huge disappointment.
To make matters worse, the restaurant was fairly packed and there was only one waitress!!! The service was slow but I don't blame the staff for that. I blame the owner for not hiring enough people to provide adequate and timely service.
This establishment gives you two tiny pieces of bread complimentary when you first sit down. When I asked for bread to eat with our pasta the waitress informed me the two pieces is all they give. I explained that i needed bread and i would pay for it. What self respecting Italian restaurant does NOT provide bread? WOW
If you want a restaurant with pasta this is your place (AKA Olive Garden). If you want a real Italian meal with all of the ingredients and flavors commonly expected in the Northeast. I would skip this place.

• Visited February 2014
Austin, Texas
“Yum”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Kids love this place, quick service and reasonable prices. Perfect for when you are craving pizza on vacation!

• Visited June 2013