“Amazing Food - go here!”
Review of Tubla - CLOSED

Tubla
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Flamingo's best Italian restaurant option with great thin crust pizza cooked in a wooden oven.
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have to say this was probably the best meal I had while visiting CR for 8 days. I loved that the owner/chef picked me up at my hotel (flamingo resort) and brought me back as well. The pizza I had was incredible. Great wine, great salad, great fish and most of all superb service. A+

1  Thank RosieB1117

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I drove by Tubla many times, didn't give it a second thought...Until one Sunday when we found most restaurants closed and we risked it. That was three weeks ago. I've been back 6 or 7 times since.Michaela, the chef is excelelent,warm and friendly. Her husband is kind with a gentle sense of humour. World wanderers their previous stop was Ecuatorial Guinea. I am so grateful they landed here.
The food is excellent, so is the service and have been there with a large group including small children,their patience with a smile is saintly.
Pizza, the best in the area
Spaghetti di mare, a real treat.
The prices, given the quality of the food and service are a gift.
I've been there with my husband,family,friends,groups and alone,it is always a treat!

2  Thank Christianesharrison
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I have lived here in Costa Rica for 3 years, and have seen several restaurants come and go. The main problem is generally the food quality is poor and/or the prices are too high. Well, Tubla has broken that mold, and is GREAT food at a REASONABLE price. I have eaten here multiple times and each time it is consistently good and the service friendly and helpful. I speak spanish, however each time, our waiters knew both Spanish and English. As I'm writing this review, I'm eating the leftovers from last night and they are delicious even the next day!!!

1  Thank Pan-0-ram-ic
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Delicious pizza and extremely friendly and accommodating plus extremely reasonably priced.

Have a large variety of pizzas and will make whatever combination you prefer with no problem.

We went for takeout once and were given free appetizers while waiting for our pizza. There
pastas are very tasty also.

1  Thank samboy10
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This place is amazing! Really extraordinary thin crust pizza--crispy thin and sizzling hot. We've been in Costa Rica for a week now and were just in the mood for something different tonight. We decided to try Tubla, and we are so glad we did. The staff was friendly and prompt with their service and the food is moderately priced. In addition to providing wonderful salads and pizza for our party of 8, they gave us two desserts on the house (little cake squares with chocolate and some delicious flan) as well as shots of Limoncello to top off the evening.

Tubla is located in a little strip shopping center on 180 next to BCR (Bank of Costa Rica), on your right as you are driving from Brasiltos to Playa Flamingo. If you get to the Playa Flamingo Beach Resort, you've gone too far.

1  Thank CalKat