I just came back from my trip to Costa Rica and stayed at the Flamingo Beach Resort. I loved it. The people were friendly and the staff were friendly.
Upon our arrival at the Flamingo Beach Resort, we were greeted at the reception desk with a tropical drink in a glass decorated with a flower and a little umbrella. A nice cool drink is just what we needed after flying in.
Entering our room, there was a plate of complimentary fruit waiting for us on the table. There are also snacks of pringles, peanuts and chips, beverages such as soda, juice or bottled water in the refrigerator and also alcoholic beverages. Be aware before you go to town on them. You'll have to pay for each one you eat or drink. There is a table that tells you how much each drink or snack will cost you. I think you'll be charged at the end of your stay. I'm not sure as I didn't bother. The complimentary fruit is just that-Complimentary and you will not be charged.
There is a gift shop which I was a little disappointed that they did not carry sunscreen during my time of stay. I couldn't understand with a beautiful beach and a beautiful pool and the sun shining all day that there was no sunscreen. However, don't despair. There is a pharmacy just up the block from the resort that carries all types of sunscreen and souvenirs. There are shops near the resort and about three restaurants all walking distance from the restaurant.
The restaurant inside the resort is great. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. All three are open buffet. All you can eat and not too pricey either! The food is fantastic! The waiters/waitresses are friendly and always greet you with a smile. There is also a bar/lounge just above the restaurant.
The beach is endless. It's very relaxing and the sunsets are so beautiful! Be prepared that many of the locals come and use this beach as well. There's not much shade on the beach. There are only trees which many people flock to so they're not in the direct sun. You may feel crowded. I've been on better beaches, but this was nice. I liked it. The ocean is great. The water was nice. Not too cold. It actually felt like tub water!
I had a pleasant stay and I was not ready to come home. I definitely recommend this place and if/when I decide to visit Costa Rica again, I'd definitely stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Once you've experienced a Pacific Ocean sunset from the Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa, you may never want to leave. Located in the vacation province of Guancaste, you’ll be perfectly-positioned to explore Costa Rica's natural beauty and limitless adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Flamingo Beach Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Beach Hotel Playa Flamingo
- Flamingo Beach Resort Costa Rica
- Flamingo Beach Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Playa Flamingo