Can't say enough nice things about our week (3/21/14 through 3/28/14) at the Flamingo Beach Resort in Costa Rica. The pool is spotlessly clean and very inviting for those non-stop sun-filled days. The waves on Flamingo Beach out front often crash down with so much noise that you can hear the waves breaking while laying on a lounge chair at the pool...the ambiance is really amazing at the resort. The workers are very attentive, kind and helpful. Our room was perfectly clean and we had no issues what so ever during our entire stay. We were reluctant to take excursions away from the resort because it was so amazingly special to just enjoy the surroundings and amenities of the Flamingo Beach Resort. We did leave for two excursions which were very fun.
The wireless Internet (although free) is spotty and a little slow, but in reality, worked fine since guests throughout the resort were seen using laptops, smartphones and ipads checking voicemail etc. We did not get the all-inclusive plan, so we paid cash for our meals and the price of food and drinks at the resort are on the upper-end...but the quality of the drinks and food were also upper end. We found a few places nearby (Marie's across the street from the resort's front entrance and Coco Loco down the beach) that had very acceptable food and drinks that were more reasonably priced. Just can't say enough good things about the attitudes of all the resort workers...helpful, kind, genuine, friendly and fun as they all really work hard to keep the guests cared for while on vacation...Although not expected, please tip the workers throughout the resort as they are so appreciative of the encouraging tip of gratitude back their way. What a wonderful place and we do hope to return someday and of course would highly recommend The Flamingo Beach Resort to others! Last, we used Apple Vacations and flew with United Airlines into the close by Liberian airport.
Thank you for a wonderful vacation Flamingo Beach Resort!!!
Doug & Lesa, of Colorado, USA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only resort located on one of Costa Rica's most famous blue-flag, ecologically protected beaches, this resort location is the perfect beachfront base from which to explore all of Costa Rica’s natural beauty and adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Beach Resort And Spa
- Flamingo Beach Hotel Playa Flamingo
- Flamingo Beach Resort Costa Rica
- Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Playa Flamingo