Flamingo Beach Resort has received some poor reviews and I don't understand why.
It is a small resort, but that adds to the charm and personalized feel. I was here for a week (May 10 onwards) and everything was exceptional. The staff are friendly, professional, and they almost all speak English. We arrived early before check in time, and we were immediately taken to our room. The room was exactly as shown in the photos and was clean. The mini bar is not included in the all inclusive plan, however, there are items for purchase or you can walk 2 minutes down the street and buy items yourself. Also, the other reviews are correct - the beds are very comfortable.
We had the all inclusive plan and it was worth it. The food was excellent. There were different items to choose from each day on the buffet or you could order off the menu. The drinks were excellent, they gave you as much name brand alcohol as you wanted and you never waited long.
The beach is amazing - it is 10 steps from the resort. The water is warm and clean and this was the highlight of the trip. We never needed to rent umbrellas, there are plenty of mangrove trees that provide shade. The pool is also very nice if you are into the pool - the swim up bar is the hub of activity during the day. The bartenders are funny and happy to help you with anything.
Some tips - Book your transportation with your package, it is more expensive at the airport than booking through the hotel. I thought it would be the opposite, I was wrong. Go for the all inclusive, it is totally worth it and it is a small price to pay to have 3 excellent meals a day plus drinks and snacks. It's true there is not a lot "to do" at night, but it is perfect if you are looking for something quiet and relaxing and you are able to make your own fun. There is a lovely open air bar where you can sit and have a few drinks and watch the sunset at night. The sunsets are stunning!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Once you've experienced a Pacific Ocean sunset from the Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa, you may never want to leave. Located in the vacation province of Guancaste, you’ll be perfectly-positioned to explore Costa Rica's natural beauty and limitless adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Flamingo Beach Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Beach Hotel Playa Flamingo
- Flamingo Beach Resort Costa Rica
- Flamingo Beach Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Playa Flamingo