Upon arrival we were not checked in until exactly 3:00pm (their check in time). It was 97 degrees and we sat in the lobby sweating for two hours. The hotel was not full and we found this very odd. The beds were very comfortable, however, we found the bathrooms to be gross. The toilet wouldn't flush and tub wouldn't drain, both requiring maintenance calls. Toilet remained an issue all week. There was mildew and dirt in bathroom and there was a constant sewer odor. Buffet breakfast was very nice, food otherwise disappointing. When we inquires about local restraints we were told there were none, only toxins there were some excellent choices across the street. The beach although pretty has a big rib tide and not the best location for swimming. It appears that some of the other reviews were written by hotel staff as we do not agree. Not a lot of activities, no kayaking...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Once you've experienced a Pacific Ocean sunset from the Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa, you may never want to leave. Located in the vacation province of Guancaste, you’ll be perfectly-positioned to explore Costa Rica's natural beauty and limitless adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Flamingo Beach Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Beach Hotel Playa Flamingo
- Flamingo Beach Resort Costa Rica
- Flamingo Beach Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Playa Flamingo