There are so many good things to say about this resort that I'm not sure what to start with. We like to stay at all-inclusive resorts when we visit somewhere for the first time and this hotel definitely is one of our favorites. Unlike many all-inclusive resorts that only serve a buffet, at the Flamingo all-inclusive guests can order from a menu or choose the buffet. The food was excellent and they had plenty of variety. For people who like to try different restaurants while on vacation, there are two restaurants located just a short walk away.
The hotel is small enough to feel intimate, but large enough to provide all the amenities. The rooms were clean and up to date. Most rooms with a pool view also have at least a partial view of the ocean. We never had a problem finding a chair by the pool, but if you want a chair in the shade get there early. Of course the swim up bar is almost always shaded so no worries if you can't get your hands on a shady chair. The beach is right outside the hotel, and you can get a beach chair from the hotel so you don't have to lay in the sand.
One of the best things about the Flamingo would have to be the staff. We were always greeted by smiling faces, and everyone was always friendly and helpful. While the same can be said for everyone that we met in Costa Rica it was especially true of the hotel staff.
There is only one bad thing that I can say about the hotel, and that only affects the scuba crowd. The hotel website says they offer an "on-site dive center" that is misleading at best. Diving can be booked through the hotel tour desk, but the dive operator is not on-site. This means that you can't ask specific questions about the diving or the dive operation. There is also no storage for dive gear like you would expect with an on-site dive center. The dive operator will pick you up in the morning and drive you to the dive boat though, so there is no need to book separate transportation to get to the boat.
That gripe aside, We had a fantastic experience at the hotel. If you are considering a trip to Costa Rica I would definitely recommend the Flamingo Resort.
One last piece of advise: When you leave Costa Rica there is an exit tax. This is not paid at the airline counter. There is a separate desk that just handles the tax. If you go to that desk and pay the tax on the day you arrive then you can avoid the long line on your departure day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only resort located on one of Costa Rica's most famous blue-flag, ecologically protected beaches, this resort location is the perfect beachfront base from which to explore all of Costa Rica’s natural beauty and adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Booking.com and BookIt.com so you can book your Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Beach Resort And Spa
- Flamingo Beach Hotel Playa Flamingo
- Flamingo Beach Resort Costa Rica
- Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Playa Flamingo