“Can't wait to return!”

Flamingo Beach Resort And Spa
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Playa Flamingo
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I would say 95% of this review will be excellent! My only complaint of this hotel is the bathrooms. The bathrooms are nice & comfortable and large in size but here are my pet peeves:
- Shower head has no pressure
- Tub is too high, nothing to hold as you enter/exit the tub
- Towels are too small, rough and somewhat dingy.

Now for the good part! I LOVE this hotel! The proximity to the beach is amazing! The staff is 5 Star friendly (genuine) and the breakfasts were really delicious. So glad I could have my typical Costa Rican breakfast everyday if I chose.The fruits were so sweet and delicious every morning! The coffee, AMAZING!!
They offer a large pool with side kiddie shaded-pool, small casino, photo shop (on-site photographers photograph you all day on beach and at the pool and you can buy their photos before you leave!) pool table, nicely laid out lobby with lots of sitting areas, convenience store, gift shop, restaurants, pool side bar, gym, movie night, their own private transportation with "Servicios Rizo" which was very reliable and moderately priced and most importantly a BAR!!! Also, because the beach is farther away, you won't be bothered with all the souvenir vendors like other beaches. They do however, have the ones you DO WANT TO SEE, like the ice cones and coconut water vendors...those are a must on any beach. I met several people (Costa Rican and tourists) who admitted to yearly visits!

Room Tip: If you want quiet, request a room that does not face the pool/bar. You sometimes have your late-nig...
2  Thank Emily Y
Write a ReviewReviews (2,188)

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We went to attend our friends' wedding. I know that she had several communication problems with the staff during the months of planning. They kept losing her requests, and changing pricing. Several times while in the US they had the same conversations about the actual wedding/reception/food etc. Even when we got there, they again had more of the same conversations. Luckily she had brought the original emails to show the initial agreements. Even minutes before the ceremony there were only 2 of 4 boutonnieres purchased. One of the groomsmen had to run up to coordinator and demand the other 2. Overall everything eventually worked out and was perfect. I believe they were pleased with the results, just not the constant headaches.
We spent 5 nights there. The grounds were beautiful, fun staff, clean rooms. The Bartenders are awesome, and even know a few magic tricks. I feel though that there aren't enough food options. Breakfast is only served until 1030, which is the same few choices everyday. Then from 1030-12 there are no food services available. Lunch and the dinner menu is exactly the same. The food offered in the casino is NOT part of the all inclusive. And when you do order food, it takes FOREVER. The drinks were amazing, the views, and ambiance amazing. The food, not so much. I like more of a variety, and to be able to eat whenever I want.

1  Thank 2New2travel
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is a really nice property. and walking distance from the beach and town. the best place for your honey moon. Everyone is pleasant. Food is AMAZING. But staying there is worth every $ of it. We will coming back next year. THANK YOU SO MUCH

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2013

After spending 4 wonderful, fun-packed days in the Arenal area my husband and I headed to the Pacific coast without much of an agenda other than finding a hotel/B&B on a nice beach. This was April 10 & 11...the end of the busy season. The guard at the 1st place we checked (NYC prices) told us to try Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa. The whole place impressed us. We had a basic room with a king sized bed. We found the room to be of normal hotel size and the bed extremely comfortable. We did not have a bathtub in our room but just a spacious shower...that was fine by us and we abused that poor thing with lots of beach sand that got stuck in our swim suits. The room was very clean, the tv was fine although we didn't watch much, and there was complimentary coffee.
I loved the swim up bar. Food was available at the pool too but we never ordered there. The pool was large and at least 5 ft deep in most places. Lots of chairs surrounded the pool and there was a kiddy pool plus a few pool toys.

When we checked in we were given a choice of including a breakfast buffet for $10 a day or all meals & drinks for $75 a day. We chose the breakfast as we didn't want to be tied to the hotel for every meal & because we are not heavy drinkers. My favorite drink was their Dirty Monkey...at $10 a glass I can see where the $75 a day would be a great deal for many people.
At the front desk's recommendation, the 1st night we ate at Marisol's. The restaurant sent a van to pick us up. The food was fabulous (I had the tuna...wonderful) and the service fantastic. The hotel's buffet breakfast was fine & the staff very attentive. The 2nd night we did end up eating at our hotel, the food was fine but we did wish we had gone to the Italian place the woman at the front desk had recommended the 1st night...just to try it.
We did not do any of the adventures available for purchase as we had worn ourselves out in the Arenal area so I can't comment on those. We spent most of our time enjoying the beach.

We also loved the beach. It was directly across a very narrow street & was clean...someone does a good job of keeping this area picked up. There were chairs available on the beach and the few vendors who were there were very kind and did not bother us (I cannot say the same about Tamarindo...beautiful beach but pesky vendors). We loved playing in the waves. They were big enough to throw us around a little and very fun to play in. Not big enough for surfing and there were no surfers here....Tamarindo is just a short drive south and has great surfing.

We did not do any of the adventures available for purchase as we had done lots of those in the Arenal area so I can't comment on the ones the hotel offered/recommended. We spent most of our time enjoying the beach.

Finally, the staff. The staff was fabulous. They went out of their way to make sure we had our questions answered and to make the stay comfortable. I highly recommend Flamingo Beach Resort and Spa.

Room Tip: Since we were just getting a basic room, we chose parking lot side & not poolside. Rooms on the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This Resort is located in a quiet area, that is perfect for escaping the craziness of life!! The staff was amazing, always smiling and so pleasant!! The bartenders, Edwin, Wilmer and Manolo took great care of our group!!! The room was beautiful and the food was amazing! Definitely get the all inclusive, it is well worth it!! So sad to leave....

1  Thank Osoberry
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed here for three nights, the first three of our honeymoon. Everyone who works there is pleasant, helpful, courteous and in a good mood. The room was incredibly spacious; the beds wonderfully comfortable; the pool was warm (not good for laps, but fine for relaxing and light swimming); the beach was crowded (we went during semana santa) but there was space for everyone. The food was quite good. It was a great place to relax. There were many families and couples. Lots of foreigners and lots of Ticos. All in all a very nice resort location.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, ask for a room that is not facing the pool area.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda Jo S
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We Stayed at the resort for 3 days March 3-5 2013! The resort is beautiful and clean but there's way more to it then that. The service is over the top. We had the privilege of meeting EDWIN BARTENDER super pleasant and friendly. The person that should really be recognized is OSCAR the Bar Manager, he should be promoted to be the hotel general manager, he will do whatever is needed to make your stay pleasant. His bartenders are well trained, polite, knowledgeable. OSCAR will help you with anything you need no matter how busy he is, truly a pleasure to be around. I would really like to have him be my manager for my business in the U.S. Would definitely stay again if the chance becomes available, we stayed there for our 16yr. anniversary. Please let Oscar how great he is!! Troy&Heidi

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Playa Langosta
Hotel Riu Guanacaste
Hotel Riu Guanacaste
#1 of 1 in Playa Matapalo

Been to Flamingo Beach Resort And Spa? Share your experiences!