Flamingo Marina Resort
Flamingo Beach Resort And Spa(Playa Flamingo)(Great Value!)
$226
$149
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Guanacaste Lodge(Playa Flamingo)(Great Value!)
$79
$75
Paradise Flamingo Beach(Playa Flamingo)(Great Value!)
$81
$82
Hotels.com
$183
$167
All reviewsmonkey barprivate beachcosta ricagreat view of the oceanfamily vacationpoolsrentbeachesreneeguardroads
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I could rant for days about how awful this hotel was. We started in one room and were upgraded to a condo. My friend and me tried one bed and ended up itching for days. we thought it was bites from the day.... but after waking up at 3am and passing out on the futon we figured it out. FLEAS!!! switched beds and it wasn't a problem. regardless how messed up is that?

side note: i travel ok. been to euro. been to africa, and this was by far the worst place i've ever been. it's like a wisconsin dells in central america. My friend and me escaped to granda NIC. BEST DAYS of my trip. better food, people, culture, activities, and prices. you have to try to take a bus. even if you don't speak spanish. DO IT!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank LovesSpain7
Reviewed July 18, 2011

The food here is very very good and there's an amazing view that comes along with it. However since this is a smaller hotel there are more bugs around. There are iguanas (they're harmless) around the area. Some of the pools weren't very clean looking and some of the staff wasn't very nice. I was in the tennis area with my older sibling and the sport staff asked us to leave because someone else wanted to use the area and we had only used the court for maybe 30 minutes.
But anyways the place was nice for the price.

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank Fmlapril
Reviewed July 16, 2011

We arrived at Playa Flamingo at the end of our 2 week trip having stayed in some amazing places. It took a while to adjust to the fact that we were now in a more touristy area, which was more built up than previous places we had visited on our trip. The hotel welcome was below average, with a somewhat surly receptionist. We were shown our room ( a Captains room with kitchonette) and it was slightly old fashioned, but everything was of a good quality. We had a sea view and a private balcony which made the room really. The hotel was less than forthcoming with information about the local area, so go prepared. We ended up not spending much time at the hotel itself, although we did prepare lunch in our room everyday to eat on our balcony so as to escape the hot sun. The swimming pool was relatively small, with a bar right next to it. It generally was not to our taste as we prefer a more peaceful space in which to relax, so we tended to head to the beach. The beach was lovely, if more developed than some but by no means heavily developed, and as we were out of season, there were not many people around. There was another hotel, which we were also considering (the Flamingo Resort Hotel). We ate lunch there one day, as the restaurant was in a nice spot, just across a small dirt road from the beach. If you wanted to be closer to the beach, this was probably the better option, although the rooms not facing the the pool area were not nearly as nice as far as we could see. In the end this hotel was fine, but I am not sure I would recommend it to a friend.

Room Tip: It is worth paying a bit more for a Captains room just for the balcony, some were really close to the pool so ask for one at the opp end.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank somersetgirlLondon
Reviewed June 15, 2011

Mixed bag. They're not overly friendly, but this is a very nice place. Our a/c went on the fritz during the night, and they gave us keys to another room - didn't help us move - just gave us the keys. The internet was not reliable, and only available in the lobby. Breakfast and the Monkey Bar were pretty much the two best parts of the place. The rooms are nice enough, but not really worth the $$$$ -- The view of the marina is stunning, and the pools are very, very well maintained...I had laundry done, and it was returned to me wadded up in a plastic bag.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank StuartandDenese
Reviewed January 4, 2011

Flamingo Marina Resort has beautiful Condos and Hotel. Get your reservation through them. Beware of some of the units that are not part of Flamingo Resort, like condo #413. Terrible. In need of updating badly. Window in bathroom broke, Stains on comforter, holes in towel, walls need painting and sheets very old... Just plain dirty. Though I did hear from others that some of the rooms in the rental company are nice. DON'T rent this room. I have been to different places in Mexico and this whole Flamingo area is very safe and fun for teens. Great places to eat, like Golden Shrimp. All the restaurants around the resort are great too. Have fun!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family