“Desperately in search of of site food”
Review of Marie's Restaurant

Marie's Restaurant
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Desperately in search of of site food”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

They were open and walking distance from our resort. The owner was nice the food was hot but I wouldnt seek it out. It was just ok but better than Flamingo Bay!

Visited October 2012

Kensington
“Must have been due to off season”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We went to Marie's Restaurant - just across the street from where we were staying at the Flamingo Beach resort - with great anticipation after reading all these fabulous reviews. We were sorely disappointed. While breakfast was okay, dinner was abysmal. There was one waiter for about 15 people trying to get a meal. Our food took forever to arrive and tasted like it had come out of a can and been heated in a microwave. We did not return for the rest of our stay. Given how often we were told that many places were closed during the green season maybe the good chef/staff were away but then why leave the place open and serve such horrible food?

• Visited October 2012
Brooklyn,
“Great Tuna!!!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have to say I had incredible Tuna here in the green season, where I couldnt find in other places. A dot pricey, but definitely worth the meal!

Visited October 2012
Nakusp
“Terrific eats and a beautiful restaurant!”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We have eaten here twice since we came to Costa Rica. Both of our meals were delicious and well-prepared! I had the blackened Red Snapper the first time and the Chicken Cordon Bleu the second. There is lots of food and the price is reasonable. My cordon bleu was huge!!! I have never had so much food for such a reasonable price! (around $12 US). The restaurant is wide open to the outdoors and has a terrific decor. We hightly recommend this restaurant and plan on having a few more meals here before we leave!

Visited September 2012
Ottawa, IL
“Good Value”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Marie's is a low-key, open-air restaurant that's just a few minutes walk from the Hotel Flamingo and several condos around Playa Flamingo. The portions were very large and my husband and I could've easily shared an entree. The guacamole was especially good. I think this restaurant was the best value of all the places that we ate while in this area of Costa Rica.

• Visited November 2011