“A local's favourite.”

Soda Y Restaurante El Estero Azul
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Restaurant Estero Azul is located near Flamingo on your way to Potrero. Before you turn right at the beach at Restaurant Plemar keep on going straight all way to the back of the road (about 100m). You'll find a fisherman's house with a small eating place next to the beach. Here they'll serve you the catch of the day without paying Flamingo prices. This google search (El Estero Azul Playa Flamingo) has little information but at least lets you know it's legit. GREAT PLACE!
Reviewed February 5, 2013

All the locals recommended this place to me! I went with two vegan friends who were visiting, and despite being a more seafood-focused place, they were really accommodating and made us some delicious soft tortillas with amazing bean dip and cut up veggies. Sooooo yummy. Everyone I talked to that came here for seafood said it was amazing. I liked the rustic, casual atmosphere as well.

1  Thank Jess-to-the-ica

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Ceviche, Ceviche, Ceviche! I could eat ceviche once a day an never be sick of it. The prices are not cheap but that was my general feeling for all of Costa Rica. I would say across the board in Costa Rican bars and restaurants expect to pay about 75% of what you might pay in a big city in the US. Compared to some of other central and southern American countries that is very high. The quality of the fish was excellent and we liked the owner lady.

1  Thank MikeMichaels
Reviewed December 26, 2012

The sevice is so so as far as being personalized but it is right on the Potrero beach and the food is very very good. I say it is a must to have a bear with their wonderful chicken rice (arroz con pollo) or any of their great meals. Don't miss it !

2  Thank Michel20958
Reviewed October 17, 2012

There were dogs, cats and chickens roaming freely through the soda. The food was absolutely disgusting. We waited forever and even watched as they left to go buy food to cook for us. Hugely unsanitary. They overcharged us, but I decided she must need the money worse than I did to be so dishonest. Horrible!!!

Reviewed August 10, 2012

This is my favorite place to walk into and order an entire fried red snapper for lunch. Estero Azul is a hidden gem that is right off of the beach, letting you walk out onto the sand and into the ocean while you have lunch or dinner. The environment is extremely relaxed, a true Costa Rican beach diner, complete with wandering chickens and lazy dogs and cats. The service is great, the food is great, and the price is cheap, a win all around.

2  Thank Adam L