“Reliable and friendly!”

Adventours Costa Rica
Ranked #4 of 44 Tours in Playa Flamingo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: With a focus on personalized service we offer everything from Airport transfers to Nature Tours, Adventure Trips and Cultural experiences. We have consistently proven that we are your best choice for any excursions and transfers around the Northwestern province of Costa Rica: Guanacaste. Our goal is to provide the most personalized experience possible to each of our guests, to share our knowledge about Costa Rica and to only offer high quality services for each of our outings. We are constantly improving our tours to make your experience even better! We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Reviewed December 27, 2012

My fiance and I arranged for transportation with Jonas for 3 different transfers. Each time he was not only on time, but always early. He was easy to make arrangements with, friendly and very knowledgable regarding the different areas of Costa Rica. I would definitely recommend Adventours to others, and would gladly use them again for our next visit!

Adventours-CR, Owner at Adventours Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Hi Leah,
Thanks for your review and I am glad that you were happy with our services! I wish you and Andrew the very best and hope to cross paths again in the future!
Sunny regards, Jonas

"personalized tours"
"de la vieja"
"excellent guide"

Reviewed December 13, 2012

My wife and I had planned a great vacation to Costa Rica and booked both round trip transportation from the airport as well as the Palo Verde tour with Jonas of Adventours CR. Unfortunately my wife injured her leg the day before we were to leave for Costa Rica and we had to cancel all of our plans. We contacted Jonas that same day and he was more than understanding and immediately offered full refunds for the payments we had already made even though it was the day before we were to leave. I was extremely impressed with his concern and also his follow up to ensure we received the refunds! We will try another time for a vacation in CR and will most definitely sign up with Jonas at Adventours again!

Adventours-CR, Owner at Adventours Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Hi Mark,
Thank you so much for taking your time to write your feedback! I am truly sorry that you were not able to take your trip due to your wife's injury but I am sure that in another occasion you will be luckier. I wish you and your wife my very best and !Happy Holidays!
Best regards, Jonas

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We took the boat tour of the river Tempesque in Palo Verde. Estela was extremely knowledgable, patient, and a great driver. The food at the Palo Verde Boat tour location deserves a review on its own. The BEST food we ate during our stay in Costa Rica. As for the tour itself, Estella showed up on time to pick us up. Answered all our crazy questions about Costa Rica and tried hard to get the loudmouth from "Travel Your Way" tour group to shut up so we could all see the animals as we went down the river! Despite having to share the boat with another group, we felt that the tour was well worth every penny spent and we would have requested another Adventour trip if we had had the time and the energy. This company is the best - wish we had simply arranged to get the kind of tour that the people who wrote "touring with Jonas" wrote. We know better for next time only we will call it "touring with Estella!

1  Thank Traveling_Ladies_12
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My friend and I recently took a vacation to Costa Rica. We did some adventures in La Fortuna, Arenal with another tour company. And although all went well - nothing could compare to the service and quality we received when we went on our adventure from Flamingo Beach to Buenavista. Estella (who works with Jonas) was our guide and her knowledge of the area, incredible personality, and superb hospitality were something we will remember forever. Jonas handled the booking and billing, which was all very simple and easy. When I return to Costa Rica, I will DEFINITELY be using Adventours CR again!! Way to go!

1  Thank Natalie L
See more reviews
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Jonas was our guide during our stay in Playa Flamingo. On Monday, he picked us up at the airport and took us to the supermarket to pick up provisions. The next day he took us to get a feel for the shore towns from Tamarindo and back to our house. Wednesday, 14 of us went on the Buenavista Adventure Trip, a great trip with variety for all age groups. Thursday some of the group went horseback riding on the beach. And Friday, 12 of us went on the Palo Verde Wildlife Tour. If you love animals, you won't be disappointed. And Monday, sadly Jonas took us back to the airport.

Jonas is a personable young man. He speaks Spanish, English and German fluently. And has been adopted by the locals as he has been hanging around the country for many years and as you tour with him many locals will say hello to him. He willing shares his knowledge of the area, customs, plants and animals. And he does it with a sense of humor.

His van can easily handle the 14 of us. It is clean and the thank you, the air conditioner works well. We would recommend having a guide take you around in Costa Rica. The roads can be rough and some are not identified.

If you want to get a flavor for the culture, tour some of Costa Rica beautiful sites and have some fun at the same time, I can highly recommend that you call Jonas.

What to bring? Plenty of cash. Jonas tells you what need for the tours.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Adventours-CR, Owner at Adventours Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Hey,
Thanks so much for taking your time and writing your feedback! I am glad that you had a good time on the trips we did and of course my mission is to share the passion I have for Costa Rica and the things I know about Wildlife, Culture and all the different areas here. It was also a great pleasure meeting you and your nice family and I'm still craving the great food you invited me over for on the last friday of your visit! That was just out of this world!
Hope all of you are doing great and it would be nice meeting you again!
Best, Jonas