“Jonas is the Best!!”

Adventours Costa Rica
Ranked #9 of 42 Tours in Playa Flamingo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: With a focus on personalized service,transfers & excursions nature and fun...we have been proving year after year that we are your best choice to experience our beautiful region of Guanacaste! Our goal is to provide the most personalized experience possible to each of our guests, to share our knowledge about Costa Rica and to only offer high quality services for each of our outings. We are constantly improving our tours to make your experience even better!
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Jonas and Adventure Tours is the best way to see Costa Rica. If you want to feel safe, have the most fun experience and gain lots of information about Costa Rica you need to use his services. He will help you with all your Costa Rica needs.

He is very professional and his van is roomy and clean. You can tell he loves what he does and helps in any way to make your experience better. He is very flexible and always on time. Not only that but you can tell he has a good relationship with others in Costa Rica. We just returned from Costa Rica Aug. 18. We used Adventure tours to go horseback riding, kayak rafting (a blast), zip lining, sailing and snorkeling on catamaran, and white water rafting on the Tenorio River. It was all awesome and Jonas was pleasant and had a great sense of humor, plus he answered all our questions each day. I strongly suggest you use him in you are traveling there for any need. You won’t regret it!

Adventours-CR, Owner at Adventours Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Hi guys!
It is great hearing from you and especially nice knowing that you had a great time with me on the trips! I have had fun meeting you and taking you around and hopefully we'll meet again some day!
All my best to the two of you! Jonas

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Our family of 4 (2 adults, 17 year old daughter & 15 year old son) booked Jonas from Adventure Tours as he was so highly rated on Trip Advisor. He exceeded our expectations. I had emailed him several times as we wanted to see as much wildlife as possible in as short a period of time as possible - wanted to see crocs, birds, bats, spiders etc. We ended up doing the Palo Verde boat tour with a shuttle from where we were staying at Flamingo Marina Resort to the National Park. For the over hour car ride in his air conditioned comfortable van, he told us so much about the park we were about to visit and Costa Rica in general. Well before we got to the boat we stopped to look at a Coatis, Iguana hiding in a tree and learn about the flooding in the neighbourhood. On the boat we saw many crocodiles - as large as 15 feet, bats, many birds, iguanas, monkeys - with lots of added tidbits of their lives and how they camoflage for predators.

After the 2 hour boat tour, we stopped for the most delicious Casado I had while in Guanacaste - a leisurely meal with endless amounts of passion fruit & pineapple fresh squeezed juice and food.

On the way back to Flamingo, Jonas added on what I thought would be a quick spider hunt ..."lets look in this hole - no spider, oh well ..." But it was anything but - We took a walk in his old neighbourhood - where he spent time as a child looking for tarantulas with his cousin - he showed us what to look for - and how to get them to come out of their holes, we saw 2 tarantulas, scorpions,army ants, interesting flora that move when touched, killer vines, turtle - so much in such a short time - His knowledge and genuine enthusiasm was incredible - my only wish is that we had had him with us for more of our trip - we would have gotten so much more out of this beautiful Country.

1  Thank Tina D

Hi Tina,
Thanks for your feedback and for uploading your pictures! I am so happy that you had a great time on our trips and especially happy that we were succesful on our Tarantula "hunt"! Now I'm thinking that I should do this more often!! Maybe next time you'll come back I'll have a "Critter Tour" on my list :) It was really nice meeting you and your beautiful family and hope everything is going great!
Best regards,
Jonas

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Our family of 5, two adults and three boys aged 16, 14, and 11 used Jonas at Adventours CR to arrange our transfers from LIR to Playa Flamingo and a tour to Rincon de la Vieja for the Mega Combo tour at Buena Vista adventure park. What a great decision! Jonas is simply the best tour guide you will find anywhere. His love for the country and nature shine through everything he says and does. Jonas was very helpful, quick to respond via email, and answered my many questions about the area. Upon arriving in LIR we were met right outside of customs by Jonas' driver. On the way to our villa, he stopped at a liquor and grocery store so we could stock up, and even worked on my oldest son's Spanish with him! Our day with Jonas traveling to Rincon de la Vieja was one of our favorite. Jonas has a very nice, clean, and perfectly air conditioned van, which made the trip a pleasure. Jonas had so many interesting stories for us during the ride, by the time we arrived, we felt like he was an old friend! There were more visitors than normal at the park the day we arrived, but since we had a private tour with Jonas, he navigated us around the crowds, and we did not have to wait at all for any of the attractions. We felt like we had the place to ourselves. First, we did the 500 foot river powered water slide. Honestly, our boys could have done this over and over again, all day. They did it 3 times (my husband and I twice)! We loved he hanging bridges, and saw a large group of howler monkeys (and babies) up close. Then on to the zip lines which were very fun and had amazing views. Felt very safe the entire time. The meal we enjoyed at the lodge was one of our favorite. Typical Costa Rican fare, and everyone agreed it was delicious. We then went to the hot springs, sat in the sauna, did the volcanic mud mask, and then soaked in the springs. We really enjoyed this part, it sprinkled rain, added to the rain forest experience!
Jonas drove us back to the airport on our last day, and we were sad to say goodbye to our new friend and the beautiful country of Costa Rica. We will definitely be back, and HIGHLY recommend Jonas to anyone who is visiting the area around Playa Flamingo!

1  Thank familyof5fromco

Hi Guys!
Thanks for your feedback-it's so nice to hear from you! I'm glad that you and your family had a nice time with me on our excursion to Buenavista and good that we worked our way around the crowds. It's always worth it leaving a bit earlier than anyone else :) I am especially happy that your youngest was able to catch that fish just towards the end of your Sailing trip- I know how much he wanted that!! It was great meeting you and your family and hopefully we'll meet again!
Best, Jonas

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Jonas was absolutely amazing during our recent visit, and took care of our group of 9 (including some seniors and a 4 year old)! He was easy going, professional and very knowledgeable about the country, people flora and fauna. I can't say enough about him - he made our trip something special!

Patrick W.

Hi Pat,
Thanks so much for your comments! I am happy that you had a great time and it was great meeting you and your family! I hope that I'll see you and your family again some day in the future!
All my best to you and your family! Jonas

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Jonas took our mixed group of 7 ages 12-65 on adventures to remember. Jonas is kind, personable and extremely knowledgeable about Costa Rica. We booked Jonas for 3 excursions during our week trip in Costa Rica. As well as a shuttle to and from the Liberia Airport. He picked us up in a nice, clean, and fully air conditioned van. He was even kind enough to stop by a grocery store so that we could get some last minute essentials. The whole ride he amazed us with his knowledge of not only the wild life and vegetation of Costa Rica but also the history and culture of the people here. He took us on the BUENAVISTA Adventure Trip and stayed with us the entire time. Even going on the Zip line and Horse back Riding. He pointed out different plants and wild life and took pictures of us every step of the way. You can tell that everywhere we went that he knew the people who worked there and they liked him and respected him. That trip should not be missed! The walk through the jungle, the adrenaline of the zip line, and the hot springs were absolutely perfect!! He also booked a fishing trip and a sunset cruise with snorkeling. On both those trips you could tell that they went the extra mile for us because we booked the tour with Jonas! I always say that the best way to experience a country is if you have family or friends there to show you around. And I can honestly say that even though I had only met Jonas a week ago, that it felt like he was an old friend showing me around a country that he loves!!

1  Thank spootgrl

Hey,
Thanks so much for your feedback! I am happy that I was able to provide for such a fun time and that mix of activities was what you were looking for! I had a great time meeting you all and remember how fun you all are! Hope that we'll meet again some day! All my best,
Jonas