“5 Star dive operation”
Review of Aquacenter Diving

Aquacenter Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: AQUACENTER DIVING retails and operates as a full service Resort Dive Center with regularly scheduled trips, dive packages, introductory courses, and a complete line of certification training programs. The scuba center is located in Guanacaste, close to the beach, next to the Flamingo Marina and just minutes away from guest accommodations. As a dive operator of an international dive destination, we provide dive quality, qualified staff, convenient diving and excellent customer service.
LaCrosse
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“5 Star dive operation”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

February 18 and 20, 2014 my husband and I had the pleasure of diving with Aquacenter Diving at Playa Flamingo, Costa Rica. We got certified over 30 years ago in Wisconsin and have taken many dives all over the world. We booked our dives on line and called Ana Isabel Vieira V. All of our questions were answered very promptly. We visited the shop and filled out the paperwork Sunday before diving. We were given rides to and from our condo both days. The staff was very friendly and informative. The attention to detail was the best we have ever experienced. The Divemasters made certain we had all our gear, transported the gear to and from the boat and set up the gear on the boat. The deck hand, Steven, had his eyes everywhere as he anticipated everyone's needs. The boat is a large and very comfortable dive boat. The dive sites are at the Catalina Islands 20 minutes away. I have a 5 mil full wetsuit. I was given a 3 mil shortie to wear over my wetsuit. The Divemasters took time to make certain every diver had the proper gear necessary for comfort. I wore a hood type hat, gloves and dive socks. This was a different dive experience due to the colder water and poorer visibility. Aurelien was our Divemaster and I wish we could dive with him on all of our future dives. He is an excellent Divemaster. Risky and a Divemaster in training, Dan, were on board and excellent as well. We saw a lot of sea life and Aurelien discovered many creatures to show us. We appreciated the drinks and snacks between dives. Another example of providing for our comfort. When we return to Costa Rica, we will look forward to diving with them again.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank angelfish23

Norfolk, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best ever dive shop!!”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

My wife and I have taken many scuba trips throughout the Pacific and Carribean (Guam, Thailand, Indonesia, St Lucia). Of all the shops we have gone diving with, Aquacenter was the most friendly and thorough we have ever dealt with!! They were friendly and courteous through the entirety of 2 trips we made with them, gave us a ride both ways, handled all of our gear (to include transporting all of our gear between the shop and the boat, and setting up all gear once on the boat). Risky and Aurelian (the dive masters for each of our dives) were super helpful and obviously excited to show us everything the sites had to offer. The gear they provided (we had our own fins and masks) was nice and obviously well maintained. The diving itself was great: medium visibility (40ish feet), lots of great sea life (rays, turtles, giant schools of jack fish, octopus), relatively cool topography. The water was a bit cold compared to the south pacific, but the double 3 mil wet suits helped. All-in-all a spectacular experience.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Glenn S
Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great dive, worth every cent...and more!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

My wife and I had incredible dive with Aurelien and "Risky" (don't let the name scare you). Top notch standards, service, and knowledge. We saw an incredible amount of marine life, which between that and the service made this one of the best dives we've ever experienced. We thought everyone felt the same way on our dive, which is why were so disappointed to see that no one else decided to give the guys a few extra bucks to say thanks. We're pretty certain these guys do it for the love of the job, and not the money, but they deserved every bit of the tip we gave.

Enjoy this great dive!

Visited January 2014
Issaquah, Washington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Dive Outfit in Area”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I have gone diving all over the world and seen the range of services. Aquacenter is at the top of the list with the friendly staff, attention to detail, and great knowledge of the dives and marine life. Looking back at some of my so-so dive excursions, it is the little things that the staff does that really make it great. For example, they made sure to get our names and then introduce all of the clients to each other. For someone who has trouble introducing themselves, that little step can make all of the difference between just a dive and a great experience.

Visited October 2013
Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“there's good and bad”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Great divemasters with lots of enthusiasm for diving. Risky was really great. BUT, and a big BUT, you might want to bring your own equipment and bottled water. We dove two days. The second day my depth gauge was broken (but your air gauge still works, right?) and the tube on the octopus was cracked all over. So not the best equipment. The first day we were surprised to find no fresh water on board, to use for our masks or to drink. Snacks between dives were pineapple, vanilla cookies and fruit juice boxes. NO WATER! Had I known, I'd have brought my own, which we did day two. I've never been diving and not had water offered to drink during the surface interval.

I would recommend going to the Monkey Bar at Flamingo Marina pool after diving. You just walk up the stairs from the dive shop. What an amazing view! and a great place to get a snack or drink (especially water if you forget to take any on the dive boat with you!) and relax after the dive.

Visited June 2013