“Best part of the trip!”

Point Break Surf School
Ranked #5 of 42 Tours in Playa Flamingo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: With a focus on personalized attention and safety, Point Break Surf is the surf school and Stand Up Paddle tour company of choice. Surf Lessons include LOCAL pick up at your hotel / accommodation, surf board and rash guard, 2hr lesson and mid-lesson water & fresh local fruits for snack. Surf lessons take place in Playa Grande (lessons can be arranged to other surf locations (additional fees may apply). We accommodate kids of all ages as well as large groups & wedding parties. We also offer Stand Up Paddling (SUP) lessons and tours in Conchal, Playa Flamingo, Brasilito, Potrero, Gulf of Papagayo & other pristine beaches in Guanacaste, Costa Rica.
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We came to Costa Rica on a girls trip and four of us decided to try surfing for the first time! It was amazing with Point Break. What an easy way to get to do and learn something fun without much effort. They picked us up at the house we were staying and took us to the most amazing beaches ever. We were all up on our boards within the first try and it was just a fun afternoon from there on. I would highly recommend this for anyone, experienced or first timer. Perfect addition to any trip!
Thank you so much Point Break!

There are newer reviews for Point Break Surf School

Reviewed November 2, 2013

From booking the surf lesson to ordering photos when I got back home, PBS made my first surfing experience memorable, fun and hassle free! Brayan was an excellent instructor. I felt prepared before getting into the ocean with the board, and the tips he yelled out definitely helped me stay on the board for longer. I want to go back to Costa Rica just to surf with PBS again!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

My wife Meghan and I decided on Costa Rica as our honeymoon destination some time ago, however, with a month or so to go we decided we couldn't go to Costa Rica and not try to learn how to surf and paddle board. Well our travel agent set us up with Point Break Surf School, and after 12 days in this beautiful country, our surfing and paddle boarding lessons were the highlight of the trip. Mike and his two instructors Brian and Angelo gave us some fantastic memories that will last us a very long time. Part of what makes Point Break Surf School so special, is the dedication and time they spend to make sure you get the best experience possible, and they achieve that by scouting out the area to find the best conditions to make your surfing and paddle boarding experience feel rewarding.

My wife and I cannot say enough good things about Point Break Surf School. Whether its surfing or stand up paddle boarding you're going to have a great time and experience.

-Joe and Meghan

Reviewed October 31, 2013

For anyone who wanted to try or to improve their current surfing skills, you would be mad not to go out with these guys for at least one session!
Such great instruction we just want to go back! It was my husbands first ever time and I have been on lots of surf camps. They catered to our abilities, enabling us to both make huge progress, really knew what they were doing and truly cared if we had fun and enjoyed the whole experience. We went for two lessons, wished we could have gone every day of our vacation!
These guys were that good that we are seriously considering coming back to Costa Rica just to go surfing with Point Break.
As I said before, I have been to many surf schools , this was by far the best tuition and care I have ever received. Thank you Point Break for the highlight of our vacation!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We spent an afternoon with the crew from Point Break Surf School and it was a great day. The instructors were excellent. Everyone in our group of 6 got up on their boards pretty quickly and we had a great time surfing. The beach was almost entirely ours so we didn't have to worry about running into other surfers while we learned, and it was a beautiful location.
Highly recommend this school. The owners were out with us and they are a great couple of people who made sure everything went smooth, was safe, and nothing but fun!