“Don't miss watching the sunset from here!”
Review of Mar Y Sol Restaurant - CLOSED

Mar Y Sol Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Kelowna
“Don't miss watching the sunset from here!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I came here for drinks in the upstairs bar and the view was sooooo beautiful. Awesome staff as well. I'll have to come back to try the food as I have heard great things!

Visited January 2013

Ottawa, Canada
“Pricey but worth it”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We went to Mar Y Sol for our last night in Costa Rica. The restaurant views are spectacular but are not outmatched by the food. We had only appetizers which were all excellent. They included a tuna salmon sushi , a gazpacho with avocado, shrimp tempura ,portabella mushroom stuffed with veggies and beef sliders. The prices were $8 to $15 plus 10% added for tip.
I wonder if the waiters and chefs make North American wages in all the places in Costa Rica where North American prices are charged for food and services. Do they get the mandatory tips that are added to your bill? Are we lining the pockets of wealthy foreign owners?

• Visited February 2013
San José
“Côte d'Azur”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Tired of the mediocre food and lazy service at our Hotel at Playa Potrero, we went out to Mar y Sol high up on the hill above Flamingo Bay. Wow! We felt like on the Côte d'Azur in the1950s. Wonderful RivieraAthmosphere, sweeping views over the coast and ocean and - most important - quality food, fine dining, mixture of French, Japanese, Tico and international cuisine, professional and friendly service. We were given the Chef's recommendations and served quickly. Both fish and meat were of good quality - only the Mahimahi was rather dry. We will come back.

• Visited February 2013
“Awesome view and great food”
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I hiked up the hill which was well worth it! The view is amazing! Food is delicious too. We ate in bar and my swordfish was heavenly and her stuffed lobster was delish! The lobster came out in an awesome presentation! A must visit place!

1 Thank Kari_Colo
New York City, New York
“Great views Y horrible overpriced food.”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Do not order the stuffed lobster with rissotto. No bueno!!!! Big portion of crap. That is not rissotto to begin with. And the lobster was overcooked and not good quality. I also had the beef skewers which were seasoned well. Unfortunately they came out charred on the outside and raw in the middle. When they came back a second time they were charred and medium rare. I had originally ordered them medium well. The desert of mo;ten chocolate was ok. Probably the best thing I ate. Very disappointing from all the reviews. Not a high-end place for the price. After all, IT IS A RESTAURANT!!! Yes the views are nice & you can enjoy a great sunset, but for my money I would also like to have a good meal for over $100 US. No? Skip this place if you are in Flamingo. There are other options.

Visited January 2013