“The food is as good as the view”
Review of The Lookout

The Lookout
Reserve with OpenTable
The Lookout is not available through our online partner for your requested time.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 125 Restaurants in Playas del Coco
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Lookout is a seafood restaurant and oyster bar located in Playas Del Coco, Guanacaste. We are the first and only restaurant in town to stock live oysters, to be eaten raw on the half shell or prepared in a number of other ways. We are also the first and only place in town to serve Costa Rican craft beers on tap. The view from our establishment is truly priceless and the menu showcases the freshest seafood that the Pacific has to offer. We hope to see you soon!
Reviewed April 1, 2018

Watching the sun set with a breathtaking view of the area was sublime but the food was amazing as well, making this an extraordinary experience.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

We had a difficult time finding the turn off the main road, but when we finally did and made it up the winding hill to this gem it was so worth it. The menu was simple but amazing! The sun sets over the mountains and there is a vast view of the valley below and Playa del Coco bay. We would have gone back if we had more time.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Many people told us that food was not good, but we should really go to The Lookout, at least for a drink. We decided to try our luck and have supper there, despite what people told us.

I agree, it’s a must see! The view of Coco Beach is incredible! We went during sunset and didn’t have reservations, so we did not get to sit in the premium viewing area, but we could see just fine. The staff were accommodating and attentive.

The food. Ok so this is were I’m torn. The food was absolutely beautifully presented. I don’t think I have ever had a prettier dish, but it was rather bland. I didn’t love it. I had the beer battered fish tacos. My husband had the tuna bowl (** warning - it’s raw **), he said it was ok, just too spicy for his liking.

The watermelon mojitos and daiquiri’s are amazing!!

Overall, I think this experience is totally worth it. Plan to drive there, not walk or bike (unless you are in amazing shape) and make reservations so you get the good viewing tables.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

The poke was good. The oysters were good, but a bit warm. Microbrew good. We had a. Party of 8 and the service was OK. some of the orders were incorrect

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

Go for the view, stay for the food! Yummy avocado fries and very tasty first course orders almost ruined our dinner appetites! Worth it, though! This was my second visit and I took some friends. Everyone loved it!