“An eagles nest view of Coco”
Review of The Lookout

The Lookout
Reserve with OpenTable
The Lookout is not available through our online partner for your requested time.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 125 Restaurants in Playas del Coco
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Lookout is a seafood restaurant and oyster bar located in Playas Del Coco, Guanacaste. We are the first and only restaurant in town to stock live oysters, to be eaten raw on the half shell or prepared in a number of other ways. We are also the first and only place in town to serve Costa Rican craft beers on tap. The view from our establishment is truly priceless and the menu showcases the freshest seafood that the Pacific has to offer. We hope to see you soon!
Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

Go for the view, stay for the food! Yummy avocado fries and very tasty first course orders almost ruined our dinner appetites! Worth it, though! This was my second visit and I took some friends. Everyone loved it!

Reviewed March 25, 2018

Really enjoyed the trip up the hill. Lovely watermelon mojitos and fish tacos was my choice . the others liked the craft beer and the octopus burgers were a huge hit.

Reviewed March 22, 2018

This was my second time eating at The Lookout. I enjoyed it so much on my first visit to Costa Rica, that it was on my ‘must do’ list for my recent visit. My son introduced me to The Lookout as he knows I love taking pictures of sunsets, oh, and I like great food too! I was ready for my favourites on the menu – tuna poke nachos and avocado fries with a watermelon mojito.

The restaurant is covered but open, so you are outside to enjoy all of nature. The service was great, and we met the owner Zack. It was quite busy both times I went, so probably a good idea to have reservations.

I’ll be back!

Pura Vida

Reviewed March 22, 2018

Probably the best view in the area. We had a few drinks and dinner. The Poke tuna bowl was fantastic! Great wait staff that was having a good time working and very friendly.

Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

Views of the entire bay and delicious food and cocktails make this place a gem . Service was great!!