“Made a scuba diver out of me!”

SCUBA Diving at Summer Salt Dive Center
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome, Bienvenidos, Willkommen and Bienvenue at the Summer-Salt Dive Center! We have been offering Dive-Trips, PADI Dive-Courses and -Introductions as well as other Boat Excursions in the Gulf of Papagayo all year round since 2004. As a small Dive Operation we commit to offer most convenient and personal dive experiences and focus on safety and fun in small groups. Come join the adventure of exploring Costa Rica's North Pacific!
Reviewed August 12, 2014

I visited Summer Salt originally to do a little snorkeling. My friends and I snorkeled with Catarina and had a great time--Catarina was a great guide and found a lot of cool stuff for us to see!

We also learned that it was very easy to do some very basic Scuba diving through the "Discover Scuba Diving" course. Fang was our instructor and guide and was fantastic--she was always professional, cheerful, patient, and had a great eye for finding super-cool stuff in the ocean. I ended up doing six dives over three days. It was really fun to get to know the staff, and I always felt the captains & divemasters handled the boat and equipment with professionalism and also were great guides to the underwater world around Playas del Coco.

Patrick at Summer Salt has a real knack for gathering a great crew of divemasters and instructors--he and his wife have been running the place for 9 years and clearly know what they're doing. If you have never tried Scuba, this is a GREAT chance to see if you'll like it: you are in very safe hands and will get the best possible experience!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

I've been diving with Summer Salt for years. They are the BEST! The owner Patrick is super cool, and always has great staff working for him. They know all of the best spots around Coco. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Our whole experience here was positive- my first time scuba diving and never once felt scared or unsafe. Fang and Catarina were flexible when circumstances changed with our hotel pool and were thorough but quick & efficient with the training portion. Both were extremely personable and outgoing- you felt like you were in experienced, concerned hands. The dice shop was also overly friendly and the owner (?) from Switzerland made you feel like you could ask for the world and they would do their best to grant it!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

It's nerve-wracking to consider putting your child 20-30 feet under the ocean surface, but he wanted to dive with the rest of us, so I needed to feel comfortable with the diving company. Patrick, the owner of Summer Salt Diving Center, was very responsive to my inquiries. Additionally, he was flexible and very friendly and understood my concerns as a parent. On the day of the dive, we were broken into two groups of three and each group had a dive instructor. I cannot say enough good things about Tang, our Dive Master. She provided superior instructions when we were in the water and she paid extremely close attention to my 10-year-old the entire time. She was patient and thorough which helped him feel comfortable. She did not EVER leave his side. She held onto to him the first dive and watched him closely, though she still paid attention to me and my other son (who is an adult). On the second dive, she allowed my younger son to swim freely, but she stayed by his side while still keeping an eye on me. My (adult) daughter was not able to dive. She lost her nerve at the last minute. I don't fault the instructions...they were clear, and she knew what to do. However, I think it would have been better if we had been given practice in a shallow part of the ocean where she could stand up before diving. I understand the conditions were windy and tough that day which may have prevented that. Despite this blip, I enjoyed the dives and I feel they did a good job, especially Tang. I recommend Summer Salt.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Nice swiss-owned company, easy-going stuff, good quality equipment.
We were just 3 divers on the boat at that time of the year (June) plus one guide showing us the places to look at