“Best dive instruction around!”
Review of Rich Coast Diving

Rich Coast Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: The only PADI 5* CDC center in Costa Rica with the only Platinum Course Director. Join us for dives to encounter sharks, rays and big schools of fish. From May to Nov we take you to the famous Catalina islands to swim with the giant mantas and to safe the best for last...from Nov to May we visit the Bat islands to seek the adrenaline of the bull sharks encounters! We take our courses serious combined with fun and lots of dives. Take your first breath underwater with us or take the step to divemaster or instructor. We offer the full range of PADI courses. Sign up for our GO Pro Internship for 3 months or join us for a day; we will make sure you feel at home here in Costa Rica where the diving is pristine!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I was certfied by Rich Coast last year, I cam back for my advanced. I never realized how amazing the staff was until I went diving up in CT. Unlike Rich Coast I was not briefed before my dive, my buddy was erratic and jerky underwater and insisted on disturbing the marine habitat(I was not pleased) and we had to surface multiple times during the dive so the dive master could orient himself. I will be continuing on diving up in CT with a different dive shop. Overall the experience made me realize how well prepared Rich Coast has made me as a diver. I just wanted to write them to say: thank you, thank you for preparing me for what the ocean has to offer, thank you for the quality education you have provided me but most of all thank you so much for making me confident, self aware, and respectful diver.
I will surely be returning to dive with you guys soon.

All reviews
"safety stop"
in 5 reviews
"awesome experience"

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Rich Coast Diving is a first class. My 15 year old son and I received our open water training and certification while on vacation. All of their staff was extremely pleasant, helpful and focused on training with safety a top priority. Thorough explanations were provided and every questioned was answered eliminating any chance of us feeling hesitant to ask anything or feel apprehensive about diving. But it did not stop there, Brenda took the time to assist us in setting up excursions for my entire family, including arranging transportation to other destinations around Costa Rica. I cannot thank Martin, Brenda, MiHa and the entire staff for the hospitality.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I spent a week diving with Rich Coast after a less than pleasant experience diving with a different local dive shop. This dive operation is very well run by its hands on owners Brenda and Martin. I am a new diver and was having problems with my buoyancy so with Martin's EXPERT HELP I finally got my buoyancy right and got certified in Peak Performance Buoyancy. Yay! Martin is very experienced (15,000+ dives), extremely knowledgeable, METICULOUS and very detail oriented. He tweaked my weight distribution until he was satisfied and even loaned me his Hollis F1 fins when I seemed to need something a little more negatively buoyant for my feet. I also did dives led by two of their other staff, Callum and Mija, who were both very good. This dive operation is very professional, the owners are hands on and constantly making sure everything is done right, they are also a FUN group, very friendly and welcoming, even to less experienced divers such as myself. They took good care of the equipment and made sure that even divers' personal equipment was rinsed out and well cared for. This is a nice area to dive and a very good dive shop. I will definitely return to dive with Rich Coast Diving. Thanks Martin and Brenda!

1  Thank Judy W
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Rich Coast Diving is a world class diving destination. Completely competent, exactly professional, and present a family like atmosphere. I just want to thank all the people there for taking such good care of me. I promise I wont flail about like I did before. Remember the strawberrys of right now. The Best