“Wow!! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rich Coast Diving

Rich Coast Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: The only PADI 5* CDC center in Costa Rica .We take you diving to encounter sharks, rays and of course the famous Catalina islands to swim with the giant mantas and the to safe the best for last...Bat islands to seek the adrenaline of the bull sharks encounters!We take our courses serious combined with fun and lots of dives. Join us for any course and we will make sure you feel at home here in Costa Rica where the diving is pristine!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Oslo
“Wow!! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

We're so impressed by this dive shop and couldn't have chosen a better place to do our PADI open water certification!

We were so glad to have Martin as an instuctor(as he actually is a Course Director and usually doesn't do a lot of open water courses) cause he made the diving experience so safe and comfortable. Especially one of the girls(we were three) was very stressed out about the whole diving thing, and considered dropping out every day, but Martin was very patient and reassuring, so we all ended up as certified ow divers:)

And of course it was also a super awesome experience:) we were so lucky to see a whale and its calf underwater, which in general is very rare, but we did it on our second ow dive!! Also we got to see baby sharks, huge rays, seahorse and so much other aquatic life. Playas del coco may not have the warmest, most crystal clear waters with all beautiful corals and so on, but you really get to experience the exotic marine life!

Rich Coast Diving is a professionally run dive shop where they really care about the safety and don't rush you, take their time, have good equipment, and the whole staff is great! They are all so including, and the whole environment seems very relaxed:)

All in all a dive shop we can highly recommend to everyone!

THANK YOU, RICH COAST!

Philadelphia
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Awesome Dive Center”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

My third time diving with Rich Coast, three weeks this time. I am a scuba instructor, so I can go dive anywhere. Highly capable and experienced staff, all very friendly and helpful. Small dive groups, matched to skill level with dives matched to skill level as well. good rental gear although I brought my own. they also have tec diving gear. we saw whales, sharks, turtles, eels, lots of rays, and beautiful fish big and small. My 70 year old brother-in-law who had not been diving in 20 years, joined me for a week and he had a great time as well. I plan on returning again with more friends. Playas del Coco is a very laid back place and 3 weeks was less expensive than 1 week at a luxo dive resort and more fun.

Visited January 2014
3 Thank jnowak100
The Hague, The Netherlands
“rich diving with Rich Coast Diving!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

Diving with Rich Coast Diving was great!!! Very friendly and professional crew!
We have been diving in small groups, which was great because the animals stayed really calm.
We really had a lot of fun and I will be going back next year to do a rescue diving course!
If you want to go diving in the Coco area you´ll be in good hands at Rich Coast Diving!

Visited December 2013
Evanston, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Good diving - wish we could have stayed down longer!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

We recently went diving over New Years. Overall, we really enjoyed both dives, but were disappointed that we had to come up early, once the other divers were low on air (other dive sites allow you to stay down as long as you have sufficient oxygen). We both ended with ~1200 psi, and would have liked the chance to continue diving.

That being said, the service was great (they brought out all the equipment and returned it), and we had two good dives. The first (location: monkeyhead) we saw a ton of rays (both stingrays as well as spotted eagle rays), as well as an octopus, a ton of porcupine fish, trumpetfish and other cool sea life. The second (location: tortuga) we saw a ton of white tipped reef sharks (some were swimming right beside us).

Another plus was the boat - we had space out front of the boat to lay down and relax while we waited for the second group to return, and while we shuttled back to the main land.

Overall a fun dive - just wish we could have stayed down a bit longer!

Visited January 2014
2 Thank NicoleJana
Vancouver, Canada
“AMAZING!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

It was my first time for diving or snorkeling while my bf is an advanced diver. When we went in to get all of our equipment fitted the guys were AMAZING. They made sure I was comfortable with everything I was doing. The day we went out they spent so much time making sure I knew everything I had to have the most fun. The guys that took us were first class, amazing all day. Would definitely recommend this to anyone, beginner or advanced. WORTH IT!!

Visited November 2013