“Rich Coast Diving Costa Rica”
Review of Rich Coast Diving

Rich Coast Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: The only PADI 5* CDC center in Costa Rica .We take you diving to encounter sharks, rays and of course the famous Catalina islands to swim with the giant mantas and the to safe the best for last...Bat islands to seek the adrenaline of the bull sharks encounters!We take our courses serious combined with fun and lots of dives. Join us for any course and we will make sure you feel at home here in Costa Rica where the diving is pristine!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Whitby, Canada
“Rich Coast Diving Costa Rica”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My wife and I are advanced PADI divers and went out for an Ocean voyage with the crew from Rich Coast. I found that office staff were very helpful and spoke perfect english. One of the women there spoke about 5 languages. There were no difficulties. They were very good with pointing out the wildlife and they had hand signs for everything. They were diligent in checking to see that you were ok and happy. We ran into some Jellyfish and my Wife suffered from what I call "Ocean Madness" but that is just white person speak for being scarred sh1tless of jellyfish stings. The staff proptly covered her face, brought her up to decompress and provided her with vinegar. They also offered us Pineapple, Cookies, Water and Juice. I have nothing negative to say about Rich Coast Diving.

Visited May 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Seabrook, Texas
“What a great crew to work with!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Tyler, Brenda, Martin, Tom, and everyone we encountered at Rich's were outstanding. I wish I loved my job as much as they seem to love theirs! Tyler helped my friend overcome her fears in the pool before getting her out on a very successful dive. The crew on the boat were a lot of fun and the dives were managed very professionally. The sharks were great! And I have never seen so many eels. After the dive, the folks at the shop helped us look up some of the critters we saw to record in our dive books. Many shops are just happy to get rid of you after the dive. Thanks a ton to everyone at Rich's and see you again soon!

Visited May 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Calgary, AB
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“The ONLY Shop to Dive With In Coco”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This was my second experience with Rich Coast and my boyfriend's third. I completed my open water certification with Brenda and Martin's crew last March and then returned to Canada and had some very bad dives in the cold which left me almost terrified of diving. That's when I got in touch with Brenda looking for recommendations on how to get past my issues. She quickly responded telling me to come back and their crew would get me back in the water. And that they did. Two weeks after I got here I just finished the last of 10 local dives and am absolutely in love with diving again. From the information I gave to Brenda and Laura via email they knew exactly what I needed and went out of their way to ensure I had the perfect gear to suit my needs, and was placed with their highest level instructor for my first day of diving. Barbara was amazing and knew exactly what to do to calm me down when I started to freak out. When I got out of the water some of my confidence was back and I eagerly booked to get on the boat the next day where I was with Carlos to do my Shark Specialty and again he was very in tune with my needs. After that I decided to finish off my Advanced and was placed with Tom for my deep dives. This was another show of just how professional their operation and instructors are, I completed my skills for the deep dive, but held my boyfriend's hand the entire time due to my discomfort and lack of confidence. Tom couldn't give me my advanced for this reason, but explained this to me on our surface interval and gave me the option of doing it again after the break to which I accepted and completed my Advanced.

I thought the via was great, varying each day with a low point of about 15 ft, but if you are looking for crystal clear water, the Pacific is the wrong ocean for you. To sum it up Rich Coast is a great, friendly and professional operation with incredible staff. In future trips to Costa Erica they are the ONLY operation I will dive with.

1 Thank phoenixmstone
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“My 12-year old daughter gets certified”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we got to the shop to prepare for my daughter's open water dives my husband and I knew we were in very capable hands. Her diving coach, Tom, was patient and encouraging. She's found a life-long passion in no small part to the crew at Rich Coast. From the guys on the boat to the lovely ladies at the shop who offered recommendations on local places to eat, we felt like part of their family. We'll be back!

1 Thank Sswirski
Mahwah, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Top shelf dive shop and instructor”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

As a senior citizen with PADI cert. I was fortunate to book with Rich Coast Diving for an open water diving experience preceded by a refresher pool update. I had the highest level of satisfaction with my instructor, Carlos who was very professional and supportive to my needs. He is a credit to the dive shop and was fully aware of my presence throughout the open water period. I learned or relearned all needed to make me comfortable during the dives.
Due to some rescheduling, I was also fortunate to have a one on one diving experience off Playa del Coco with Carlos and Jose the skipper. At my age of 75 and somewhat overweight, I really appreciated the personal attention of these two individuals and was impressed with the management of Rich Coast who authorized the full trip despite the turnout. I can tell you in the States that a dive shop would have probably cancelled or pushed me off to another date. I enjoyed the dive and did see rays, shrimp, reef sharks and a variety of school fish.
You can't go wrong by using Rich Coast if you are diving from Playa del Coco.

Bob S.