“My 12-year old daughter gets certified”
Review of Rich Coast Diving

Rich Coast Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: The only PADI 5* CDC center in Costa Rica with the only Platinum Course Director. Join us for dives to encounter sharks, rays and big schools of fish. From May to Nov we take you to the famous Catalina islands to swim with the giant mantas and to safe the best for last...from Nov to May we visit the Bat islands to seek the adrenaline of the bull sharks encounters! We take our courses serious combined with fun and lots of dives. Take your first breath underwater with us or take the step to divemaster or instructor. We offer the full range of PADI courses. Sign up for our GO Pro Internship for 3 months or join us for a day; we will make sure you feel at home here in Costa Rica where the diving is pristine!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 21, 2013

From the moment we got to the shop to prepare for my daughter's open water dives my husband and I knew we were in very capable hands. Her diving coach, Tom, was patient and encouraging. She's found a life-long passion in no small part to the crew at Rich Coast. From the guys on the boat to the lovely ladies at the shop who offered recommendations on local places to eat, we felt like part of their family. We'll be back!

1  Thank Sswirski
"safety stop"
in 5 reviews
"awesome experience"

Reviewed April 15, 2013

As a senior citizen with PADI cert. I was fortunate to book with Rich Coast Diving for an open water diving experience preceded by a refresher pool update. I had the highest level of satisfaction with my instructor, Carlos who was very professional and supportive to my needs. He is a credit to the dive shop and was fully aware of my presence throughout the open water period. I learned or relearned all needed to make me comfortable during the dives.
Due to some rescheduling, I was also fortunate to have a one on one diving experience off Playa del Coco with Carlos and Jose the skipper. At my age of 75 and somewhat overweight, I really appreciated the personal attention of these two individuals and was impressed with the management of Rich Coast who authorized the full trip despite the turnout. I can tell you in the States that a dive shop would have probably cancelled or pushed me off to another date. I enjoyed the dive and did see rays, shrimp, reef sharks and a variety of school fish.
You can't go wrong by using Rich Coast if you are diving from Playa del Coco.

Bob S.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I used rich roast dive shop for one day 4/5/13 and loved them. They have a great dive boat I am a big guy and really liked the extra room that their boat had to offer. The dive master was very good and knew the dive site very well. We dove in not the best visibility but he {I can't pronounce his name} knew his way around so well he showed us everything that he said we would see in the brief and more. I was watching one of the dive instructors during the surface intervals and she was very thorough and took a lot of time explaining to her student the techniques and also the little details to make diving enjoyable. Two thumbs up for this dive shop.

1  Thank Ron W
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I dove with Rich Coast Diving for 4 two-tank morning trips, one night dive, and one 3-tank trip planned to the Catalinas. The shop is friendly and right on the main street, and the dives were both fun and safe, with good briefings beforehand. I enjoyed the crew, with a mix of locals and internationals (American, British, Dutch). At least during the week I was there they ran two different boats: a very stable but slow trimaran used for the nearby sites, and a faster diesel monohull for the Catalinas. We happened to have engine problems on the monohull (just one of those things with boats; the boat looked really well maintained to me, including below decks when the covers were off), and they got another boat to come and fetch us in a reasonable time so we were still able to do a great 2-tank dive trip in the Catalinas. I was really happy with Rich Coast Diving.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went on a 2 tank dive on April 6th. Carlos went out of his way to help us. Initially, they had set the tanks up and split our group up to go with two different dive masters. We really wanted our group to stay together and they went through the trouble to swap things around and make it happen. There were 6 of us and we were all certified with varying levels of experience. They take care of everything! I also liked how they don't accept tips on the boat, they only take them in a box back at the dive shop. I appreciate that, I've been on dives where I felt every crew member was expecting a separate tip at the end, this way they all split them once the day is over. The dive itself was different from what I've experienced before. Very heavy currents, low visibility, and pockets of very cold water. But we still saw cool things! We saw plenty of eels, puffer fish, rays, and sharks, so I was happy!