“Great Diving!!”
Review of Rich Coast Diving

Rich Coast Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: The only PADI 5* CDC center in Costa Rica .We take you diving to encounter sharks, rays and of course the famous Catalina islands to swim with the giant mantas and the to safe the best for last...Bat islands to seek the adrenaline of the bull sharks encounters!We take our courses serious combined with fun and lots of dives. Join us for any course and we will make sure you feel at home here in Costa Rica where the diving is pristine!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I would like to thank the Staff and crew at Rich Coast Diving in Playa Coco, my wife and I planned a day trip with them. We were picked up in the morning by the Owner Brenda and were treated just as if we were old friends. I have been in the dive industry and diving for many years and this was customer service.. The crew accommodated us as my wife doesn't dive but was invited to come along and enjoy the day.
While we were all diving she sat on deck and watched small manta (Devil) rays jump all around. The crew went out of their way to treat everyone as people and not just another customer, our group included new first time divers to well traveled and experienced divers.
I would recommend anyone diving in in the Guanacaste area of Costa Rica to give them a try!!

Boyd Redington II PADI Instructor

Reviewed February 1, 2013

If you're ever in Cocos, don't bother going anywhere else!
Everyone in the dive shop was extremely nice. Upon arrival, we were immediately set up with great condition gear and were given bearings and directions (our first time at Cocos). I did 10 dives and each one was awesome! The dive masters were amazing. The level of service given by every member of the staff was impecable.

Can't wait for the next trip.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I would like to start by the fact that this place deserves six stars and not five. It has hands off the best equipment I ever took for rent from any other diving place in the world. You even get a dive computer instead of the regular diving gauge. The boat was very nice, a medium size catamaran and the care i got from Julian, the dive master was extremely personalized for my level of need. In total it was a wonderful experience ( although the visibility is pretty low). I have seen a reef shark, a turtle , various rays, starfishes and some wonderfully colorful shrimp i know not their name but I have seen pictures of them in the books.
Highly recommended !!!!

1  Thank oaxaca2
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was certified in Panama and did my first real dive in del Coco and had an unreal time. Brenda was helpful before I arrived and was even willing to help us find accommodation on arrival. Booking and payment was easy and fast and Trevor went above and beyond and even pointed out some great places to eat and drink on a map they had in the shop. On the boat, the staff was efficient and quick on tank changes and gear set up and everything was neatly organised on the boat. It felt very uncluttered. I was even lucky enough to have had their professional photographer on my dive who took photos and provided me with a dvd of the photos afterwards. From beginning to end I was impressed with their professionalism on my first dive. The bar was set high for all my future dives.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Dove with Rich Coast Diving, January 8th through January 13th. Made (2) trips to Catalina Island diving the "wall" and "point" dive sites where manta rays were the highlight attraction.The subsequent second dives were at "widow" where the resident king angels and butterfly fish followed us and swirled in a baitball like frenzy for food. Did additional dives at "monkeyhead, "suprise", "tortuga"and "playpen" et al.,where nudibranchs took center stage! Our Costa Rican divemasters for the week were Maurin and Guiyo, who were excellent! Maurin and Guiyo worked very hard to assure that we saw all types of marine life at each dive site visited. Brenda, the shops owner, assured that the sites picked would enhance our overall diving experience. Additionally, we saw a Humpback whale with calf, as well as dolphins, while transiting between dive sites. Playas Del Coco is a dive destination which provides good diving with a great shore experience. We stayed at Toro Blanco and frequented "Coconuts" for food and drinks and "La Caveja" for multiple evenings of great pizza (well done, extra crispy). Our diving vacation was a sucess, above and below the water!

2  Thank Joseph V