“Wow!”

Restaurante La Farola
Ranked #28 of 104 Restaurants in Playas del Coco
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Abierto de 5pm a 10pm de Lunes a Sabado. Domingos cerrado. Open from 5pm to 10pm Monday to Saturday. Sundays closed.
Ancaster, Canada
“Wow!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

Dining La Farola was a pure delight! Not only is the restaurant beautifully appointed, but the attentiveness of the wait staff was superb! Our waiter, who I believe is a member of the family who owns La Farola even brought his mother, the cook, to our table in order to explain where she learned to prepare their special "fried potatoes". I had the sea bass, grilled, and my husband had grilled chicken breast. Both meals were spectacular!

• Visited April 2014

Madrid, Spain
“The best cuisine in Guanacaste”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

The food is delicious and 100% spanish. We wanted to try a bit of everything so we ordered a variety of dishes. All of them were very tasty, colourful and well presented. Very good value for money, not to mention the lovely service. Congratulations to this adorable family who have managed to bring a small part of their country to the Costa Rican Pacific coast- including the decor! I wish we had a restaurant like this in our doorstep.

• Visited April 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“You are family at the best newcomer in Coco”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

While I will always be extremely fond of Citron in town and nearby Soda Mediterranea, this was the best meal I had in Coco this year (my eighth annual visit). From atmosphere to service to quality, this one is hard to beat. Sure, it's pricey. But look at the menu before you come in. (Right?)

Daniel, our charming waiter, and son of the proprietors, set the tone. He was extremely accommodating and friendly and knowledgeable about the food. He clearly takes pride in the food his mother prepares and was very apologetic about one entrée that was not available on the menu that day. He was very open to conversation about Espana and in sharing the mission of his mother with this new endeavor.

The amuse-bouche his mother offered was unique and delightful, along with the gazpacho and salmorejo cold soups. Perfect for a hot climate. And the sangria was the best I have ever had. (And I've had some good stuff just a stone's throw away...) The steak I ordered was prepared perfectly and was of a superior quality to any beef I have had in Costa Rica. (Possibly not the grass-fed variety served at other establishments, but real grain-fed cattle. Whatever it was, they did it right.) And the dessert? Forget it! One of the richest, most delicious chocolate concoctions you'll find in the area. One piece accommodated our party of four more than adequately.

And while it might be a little "off the beaten path," this is to your advantage. Very quiet, dimly lit (without being dark) and with the faint spray of periodic water-misters to keep you cool, you cannot beat this atmosphere.

I cannot say enough about an experience that ended with a visit from mama herself, a discussion of Spanish culture and history, and hugs all around. Do yourself a favor and treat yourself to Coco's latest and greatest.

• Visited March 2014
Queen Creek, Arizona
“Diamond in the rough”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

What a great find. 4 of us ate at this restaurant twice and ordered different dishes each time.
We were not disappointed. From appetizer, salads and main course. The owner and Chef come out and great you (they are from Spain) the waiter Himar was excellent. Skip dessert .

Russian Salad, Fruit Salad Yum Sea Bass, Lobster, Fish Stew & Potatoe Omelet
not to mention the Beef medallions Yikes so good I can't even describe.

This is worth every dime. Open for dinner 5pm Lyn & Jack

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank fun2ride
Lake Zurich, Illinois, United States
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Service was great. Super friendly staff. Cook came out to table every night. Best sangria I've ever had. Was so great ate there twice.