“You need to do this!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Star Paddle Costa Rica

Star Paddle Costa Rica
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer stand up Paddle Tours on Papagayo area, Coco beach, Hermosa beach, Ocotal beach, Panama beach and Four Seasons area.
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“You need to do this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Diego took us on a great trip off from El Coco to some islands nearby. The ride was amazing and he was really well prepared and had some good boards. We did a sunset paddle which gave us some beautiful views. You don't have to be experienced to do this. Diego will teach all the basics and give recommendations for those more avid paddle boarders. He knows the area very well so he can take you to some beautiful spots. He is a great guide and you definitely need to try a paddle boarding adventure trip with Star Paddle. I will surely do it every time I go down there.

Visited December 2011

“Have a go at this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was staying in the Playas del Coco/Hermosa/Panama area for a short while and Star Paddle was recommended to me by some friends who live close by. I met up with Diego and 4 other 'boarders' at the beach early one morning and after some friendly but expert tuition we were soon paddling across the beautiful bay. All of us were relative novices, but were all able to manage standing and paddling fine in a short time. We moved around a headland to another beach where we had water and fruit that Diego had brought before heading back out to our destination beach where we'd arranged to be picked up. The whole activity probably lasted a couple of hours. Diego (and his dog!) were brilliant hosts who made sure everyone had a chance to experience that gorgeous coastline from a paddle board. If you're in the area, I can only recommend that you give it a go. You will be glad you did.

Visited July 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
“Too much fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

We went out as a large group and it was a perfect day! No wind and the water was clear and warm! We paddled from Playa Hermosa to Coco and through the islands; saw so many fish just with my naked eye! Loved when ICA, the "SUP" dog jumped on my board to lead the way. Diego and his staff including ICA took great care of us, making sure we were comfortable at all times. He even brought snacks for us to enjoy half way through our trip when we visited with all the howler monkeys at Playa Penca! Great exercise and a great way to start your day! If I lived there, this would be my standard morning workout routine!

Visited May 2012
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Star Paddle Costa Rica! Great time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband and I did paddle boarding for the first time a couple of weeks ago at El Coco beach and just had an amazing time! Before going into the water, Diego first showed us how to do it, how to stand up and all the basics & recommendations we needed, he then helped us get into the water and guided us the whole time. We went in for around 45 minutes and then got to a white sand beautiful beach where we stayed for a while. Diego was fully prepared with water bottles for us while we rested on the beach. Then, we got back into the water and returned to the beach we left from. Diego had a waterproof camera and took great pictures of us that he then sent to us. We really had a great time and highly recommend it to anyone who wants to try something different!

Visited September 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“A must-do on your vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Diego met us on the beach and immediately you could see how enthusiastic and prepared he was to teach two people who had never done SUP before. We had some rough seas so Diego was really efficient at teaching us but also though of a better place to take us (we had rented a boat so we were able to easily jet off to another location). We ended up in an estuary and it was really nice to ride around within that beautiful area. I highly recommend Star Paddle & Diego! SUP is my new favorite activity so go with Diego and you will have an amazing trip-guaranteed!

Visited February 2012