Overall great location in the center of the city near the beach, bars, and restaurants. The service at the restaurant was very poor, but it didn't ruin our trip at all. Not a great place for a family, especially if your room is near the pool, but its great for the location to the nightlife and beach. Good value, maybe a little over priced.
Positives - This hotel has the best location in town it is nearby a lot of restaurants and bars that my girlfriend and I enjoyed quite a bit during our stay, some good seafood options and fun bars with happy hour from 11:30am til 7:30pm (Zi Lounge). It is also a few hundred meters away from the beach which is a dirty sand beach, but functions enough to chill in the water during the heat of the day. Room was clean when we arrived and cleaned pretty well while we were there. Front desk was attentive to what we needed from them and spoke good English. Shower good water pressure. TV gets an HBO channel in English and CNN International in English, but most everything else is in Spanish only.
Negatives - The biggest problem was the breakfast service which was touted as free, but ended up being $3.00 most days (no big deal) if only the service was anything remotely normal. The three mornings we had breakfast it took about 20 minutes to get coffee and usually, as other reviewers said it was a big ordeal getting utensils, napkins, butter/jam, and other basic items. There always seemed to be enough staff available to handle these basics, but each day we had breakfast it was the same issues over and over again. One night there were some very loud people hanging out outside our door at a picnic bench, but based on the location I thought that was to be expected. It would have been nice to have a exhaust fan in the bathroom, a fridge, a bit nicer towels for the pool, better water pressure in the sink which was horrible, and of course better service at the restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Coco Beach hotel is located in Playas del Coco, the area of largest touristic growth in the Golfo de Papagayo and one of the most popular vacation destinations for locals and tourists alike. This growing touristic community is located 40km from Liberia, the capital of Guanacaste at 20 minutes from the International Daniel Oduber Airport. Coco Beach hotel offers a fresh environment filled with tropical air and surrounded by fun and adventure. Our hotel brings together a variety of services that include hotel, restaurant, sports bar, casino and a small mall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel Coco Beach & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Beach Hotel Playas Del Coco
- Hotel Coco Beach & Casino Costa Rica/Playas Del Coco