We had looked at a ton of properties, but this one seemed to offer it all - near town, an onsite restaurant, plenty of room, but right by the beach. The house was just what we wanted. The beach was steps away, exceptionally clean, and there was NO ONE there. (Definitely recommend going during the start of the rainy season.) The beds were super comfortable, there were plenty of ceiling fans, and air conditioning if we wanted it. The view from the master bedroom and the large guest bedroom were of the beach and the ocean. The kitchen is well stocked and huge, plus there is a gas grill on the patio. The patio is covered so you can enjoy the afternoon rains without getting soaked. We had another couple staying with us, and we all sat on the patio enjoying the sound of the ocean, the birds, and the monkeys. There is nothing better than waking up to howlers at 5am! They hang out in the trees adjacent to the beach. The pool is just steps away from the house, and it is gorgeous. The on-site restaurant serves good food, but be brave and venture out. There are some great local places, like the soda across from the police station by the dive shop in Coco, and the soda on the beach in Playa Hermosa (take the primero entrance and follow it down to the beach - the soda will be left of where you park. It isn't cheap, but we had some awesome whole red snapper there.) For margaritas head to Father Rooster's just down the road. Snorkeling is really good there too - our friends saw eagle rays, spotted eels, puffer fish, and many others. The great thing about this house is that it is near a lot of things. (Check out zip lining at Witch's Rock Canopy Tour and have Memo from http://www.memo-adventures.com/ take you on a horseback ride off the beaten path at Buena Vista.)
The service was wonderful - the air conditioning went out in the lower level of the house, and they had someone out to look at it right away. This was the weekend and they determined it couldn't be fixed, and by Monday we had a new air conditioner. I can't say enough about this house and Kelsey was great. Maybe I'm sabotaging myself with this review, because now everyone will want to stay here. Kelsey, save us a week next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bahia Pez Vela Resort is located on a secluded bay on the Papagayo Gulf near Playa Ocotal, only 3 miles from Playas del Coco and about 30 minutes from the Liberia Airport.Our Resort has 40 privately owned Villas that are used for vacation rentals. We have both beach front and ocean view Villas, all are 3 bedroom, 21/2 bath, fully furnished with full kitchen plus laundry facilities. The Villa prices range from $240 to $750 depending on location, season, and amenities.Our Picante Restaurant is next to 3 of our 4 swimming pools that overlook the black sand beach and the bay. It is available for weddings, meetings and other special events.Bahia Pez Vela Resort features snorkeling in our bay, easy pick up for fishing tours and a convenient location for enjoying Guanacaste area attractions and tours.We are sure that our Resort is a perfect resource for you, your family & friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Bahia Pez Vela Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Pez Vela Hotel Playas Del Coco
- Bahia Pez Vela Resort Costa Rica/Playas Del Coco