“fishing adventure in Costa Rica”
Review of Fishing Adventures

Fishing Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Visit the exotic land of Costa Rica and enjoy the best sport fishing spots on the pacific coast. Start your FISHING ADVENTURES with us!We offer: Sport Fishing - Surf, Snorkeling and Sunset Tours.Half day and Full day services. We pick you up from your hotel!
Reviewed December 8, 2014

We had such a wonderful time with fishingadventurescr.com FISHING ADVENTURES PAPAGAYO Costa Rica! We made our reservations months in advance by PayPal it was easy. We kept in touch by Facebook and on the day of our fishing trip we met our crew on the beach in front of our hotel the Rui Papagayo Costa Rica.
l and my family of six bored the boat and met Bourgden our guide and our captain. we began fishing it wasn't long that we were hauling in fish, we all caught something and had a great morning our boat was well equipped with snacks ber pop water comfortable seats for all and bathroom facilities.
After fishing we decided to go in for some snorkeling we went to a deserted beach and while we were snorkeling the Bourgden fixed a buff a lunch with potato salad chips and mahi mahi that we had caught and delicious fruit!
Then the JETSKYES arived and we had fun on them for hours. On the beach some monkeys came into the trees and there were many beautiful birds the monkeys came right down to greet us. finally it was time to go back to the hotel as the sunset we enjoyed a leisurely ride back. This is one of the beest ever fishing trips i have been on and if i ever get back in Costa Rica I will call on fishingadventurescr.com Fishing Adventures Costa Rica again.

37  Thank jimshorse
"costa rica"
in 37 reviews
"snacks and drinks"
in 8 reviews
"highly recommend this outfitter"
"excellent price"
"hit or miss"

Reviewed November 24, 2014

We fished on 11/20/14 on Raccoon with Captain Chepe and mate Bogden and had a blast. They are very professional and extremely talented fisherman. We do a lot of offshore fishing in North Carolina and were skeptic about their abilities, however they blew us away with their techniques and knowledge of their local waters. Bogden, who is originally from Romania, would fit in on any NC charter crew or Big Rock Blue Marlin tournament boat no problem. To start the day they picked us from our resort RIU Guanacaste right from the beach. Within 10 minutes we were catching giant mahi. Throughout the day we caught around 20 or so huge mahi ranging from 15-35 plus pounds. We also caught some jack crevelle which are a ton of fun to catch. After we had caught our fill of fish we headed to a private beach not far from our resort where Bogden cooked up some of the mahi over a camp fire and presented us with fresh Romanian potato salad. It was delicious and some of the best grilled fish I have ever had. They then dropped us right back off on the beach in front of our resort. We fished the following day on a really big expensive boat with two mates and did not have near as much luck as we did with Bogden and Chepe. Despite a blue marlin and Sail but we had to go really far out to get those and paid about 4 times what we did for the Fishing Adventures charter. I would not hesitate to fish with Fishing Adventures again think they are truly a top notch company. We booked this trip back in the summer and the owner Helberth stayed in touch with me for months prior to showing up for our trip. I could go on and on and on about what a great time we had but I think anyone reading this has gotten the point!! Thank Fishing Adventures for such an amazing time! We will be back soon and y'all will be our first call!!!! Guy Whilden from NC

42  Thank gwhilden
Reviewed November 24, 2014

I would highly recommend Fishing Adventures Costa Rica for your fishing/snorkeling adventure. They were super nice, took us to the fish, and we had a great time with them! Also, they picked us up right outside our resort on the water. We stayed at Villas Sol (feel free to check out my review of the hotel). They picked us up outside at 8am, returned us around 2pm. They provided drinks (alcoholic and non) as well as snacks.

I surprised my husband with the fishing trip (and the whole trip) to Costa Rica for his 30th. They made it special for us. We caught 3 big mahi mahi in the 4 hours we fished, then they took us to a private beach and made us lunch while we snorkeled and looked at a neat cave. While we snorkeled we saw an eel, tons of fish, and sea urchins!

We took our filets to a restaurant on the beach just to the south of the Condovac/Villas sol hotel entrance on Playa Hermosa called La Casita del Marisco. They cooked the filets for us which was really really awesome. I highly recommend that place (feel free to check out my review on that restaurant).

We had a great time hanging out, looking at the scenery, and learning more about Costa Rica. We will definitely use Fishing Adventures Costa Rica next time we go back.

40  Thank jswaff
Reviewed November 21, 2014

I booked the full day sport fishing trip online 2 months in advance as a surprise for my husband for our 13th anniversary.. Capitan Jose and Sergio picked us up on our beach at 7am sharp. We decided last minute to bring a 3rd person with us and it wasn't a problem. They had a cooler full of all sorts of beer, water, juice,. and soda. They brought us a pizza, snacks and sandwiches. As soon as we got out , we started catch Mahi Mahi immediately. We caught 10-12 Mahi and a needle fish. Jose was very knowledgable of the area and Sergio would promptly filet the catch and clean up the mess. Around lunch time, they surprised us by taking us to secluded beach and Capitan Jose built a fire and grilled some of our Mahi for us. He also had some delicious potato salad his wife made. Sergio showed us some beautiful caves while Jose cooked. After that we continued to fish before they took us back to our resort. We couldn't have had a better anniversary!! The people of Costa Rica have stolen our hearts forever. Thank you Jose, Sergio, and Fishing Adventures!! We will definitely see you again! Pura Vida!

42  Thank Robin S
See more reviews
Reviewed November 16, 2014

Ever since I planned my trip to Costa Rica, I was looking forward to booking a fishing trip. Deep Sea fishing is supposed to be awesome in Costa Rica specially the Pacific Ocean side. Only problem I had was that I did not wanted to take a private charter by myself as it could be expensive. I wanted a shared boat, but I was not able to get one I tried to email lots of people and I could not find anyone with reasonable price. Finally I was able to connect with fishing adventure and they were able to get me extreme good rate for 1/2 a day on their boat “raccoon” a 30 foot boat. They were very accommodating to my personal need as usually the boat leaves at 6, but I wanted to leave at 7, they were able to accommodate my request. The Captain Jose and assistant Sergio met me on the beach exactly at 7. These are local people who live near coco beach and arrived to my hotel’s beach (Riu Guanacaste) to pick me up and took me straight to the fishing ground. Both the shipping mates were excellent and accommodating people. Captain knew his way around and knew exactly where to go for fishing. First mate Sergio spoke decent English and kept me informed and answered all my questions and never left me getting bored. They had 5 lines out with ballyhoo as the bait They knew I wanted to catch big fish so they stayed cleared of easy catch of small black tuna which we could have caught easily where there were lot of birds and all. I saw lots of other boats were satisfied with catching them. Within the first hour we hooked our first big mahi mahi. It must have been close to 4 feet and gave me a good fight. But we reeled it in with 10 minutes or so. We kept going and caught over 12-14 more fishes. Most of them mahi mahi, one needlefish and one jack. Captain's knowledge of the area needs to be commended. He was able to get me on the fishes; at one time I had two fishes hooked. All in all, it was a great day of fishing. They had snack, sandwiches and drinks like water, juices, beer and rum. First mate filleted the fish quickly. I honestly would love to go back with them again for full day trip. They were excellent people who made my trip memorable I can't thank them enough and highly recommend them

1  Thank JJ_FROM_NJ_US